ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custard Tarts racing team

Clio 182,
Thought id start a thread for the racing team I'm with, the Custard Tarts
Bit different to what you guys are use to on here I'm sure lol, but we race in Historic's the clubs called HRDC

IMG_0266.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG

We started racing an Austin A40 which is a great car running with a good old A series engine pushing out a almighty 110ish BHP, the last race I did in it was at the Goodwood 73RD members meeting which was an amazing event and I had some really good battles, got it all on GoPro to :)

Any constructive advice always handy ;)

Sadly though we are selling the A40 to build a triumph herald racer.

The old man and his mate race the Austin A35s (yellow and white cars on the end) and I get to jump in when I can.
These are going to be in a one make series called the Academy with it being only A35s with set sealed engine, suspension gearbox etc, these are power houses at 85BHP lol ;) but a load of fun and will be a good race to watch when they have a big enough field to make there own race, as it stands there 6 to 8 finished and 20 in build so they say.

Only been racing for a season and a bit Dad has been going for this year, wasn't a easy start my first race was ended on the second corner by a driver who was having problems and the A35 spent all last season (when I was in the repaired A40) being little buggers and not running properly, but there charging now.

Last race we were at brands hatch same weekend as the American speed fest (our race was on the Saturday) me and the old man got second in our class so was a good giggle , next race is at Oulton Park never been and cant wait :D

Any tips....... :)

Clio 182,
We are going to be racing the international track, think il be playing a lot of project cars lol

The rivial is great I try and go every year if I can

Clio 182,
Sweet thanks for the vid il be watching that a lot between now and next Saturday.

They are hell of a lot of fun and on those Dunlop L section tyres they slide all over the place, makes them a trick to keep them strate

Il keep the pics coming on the herald will hopefully be ready for next year season so il keep you posted