ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Curborough Sprint Course

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Wing mirrors in for more speed? Ace! Sucks about the MG though

Lol Good spot on the mirrors. Guessing there were poles placed around the track?

Did a Javelin day at Barkston Heath last year and they had some there, random guy I hung about scuffed his GT86 a few times on them. Made me cringe!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Any good today? I was at the BTCC but I'll be there next time.

Yeah enjoyed it! Got a couple of goes round with an instructor, just need to get back for some proper practice.

I managed to forget to turn my cameras on when going round... :expressionless:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Didn't get their names to be honest. Sighting laps with a big guy in a convertible beemer with the roof down, could see why he had a massive jumper on! Turns out he is mates with somebody that used to be a regular on the Punto forum I'm on (who was also randomly there when I was leaving). The guy that sat in with me had a red Midget I think.

Only really annoying bit was getting forced to park stupidly close to a Porsche when we were all lining up to go out, parking a few feet back so I had room to open my door wasn't right apparently. Owner of the Porsche was pretty pissed off so held my door while I got out!

Swift Sport
Yeah the big guy is Mark. Very weird about the organisation issues, they're usually very good down there.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Yeah the big guy is Mark. Very weird about the organisation issues, they're usually very good down there.

Yeah it was an odd one, immediately after making me park like that they moved the car that was actually causing the obstruction...

Swift Sport
I'm guessing the guy in charge required a little more understanding, they only do that event once a year so he may have been a little under pressure. It's a members day this coming Saturday so I'll be there along with the other regulars, so come and say hello... I'll either be in a green MX-5 with white circles on the doors, or a silver-grey Megane 225.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Yeah in the first group of drivers a Lotus went off apparently (didn't see it), leaving us in batch 2 hanging around for a good while in the paddock, guessing there could of been a couple of groups to follow us so the delay probably wasn't great for them.

I'll hopefully get down there Saturday so will look out for you, trying to persuade the girlfriend to bring her Swift too!

Swift Sport
Where were y'all today? Awesome day and great turnout, and the weather wasn't bad either!

Here's @not normal dan on his first outing this afternoon...
17241560156_f6daa840da_c.jpg

Really enjoyed the MX-5 today, and I'll stick my neck out and say I think it's the perfect Curborough car... Small, RWD and a car you have to drive hard to get the performance from.

Edit - @Jonnio Just realised you were in the Punto, right? How did you get on mate? That Punto was going well :)

Megane r26
Where were y'all today? Awesome day and great turnout, and the weather wasn't bad either!

Here's @not normal dan on his first outing this afternoon...
17241560156_f6daa840da_c.jpg

Really enjoyed the MX-5 today, and I'll stick my neck out and say I think it's the perfect Curborough car... Small, RWD and a car you have to drive hard to get the performance from.

Yeah first time out on the RSR's compared to last time on the ps3's.

Must say they felt great despite the lack of warm up time, can't wait for cadwell now!

Curborough is a great little track and awesome community, more of you guys need to get down

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Edit - @Jonnio Just realised you were in the Punto, right? How did you get on mate? That Punto was going well :smile:

Yep that was me! Loved it, especially the figure of 8 run at the end.

I got there at about 1:30 and as I was signing on the guy was shouting my number out, so was a bit rushed to get on my first run. When is it normally best to get there? I was going off the times on the sheet they sent out in the post, guessing I might have missed a couple of layouts?

Had the girlfriend with me, who after going around in the Punto a couple of times decided she would be okay to have a go in her Swift. I sat in with her so missed doing the "round the cone at the hairpin" layout. Need to get split over the groups next time I think!

Still, even only having 3 runs myself it was a quality afternoon! A mate from the Punto forum doesn't live too far from the track so came along. It was good to see him, brought his camera as well. I had my Mobius cams going on my runs so will sort a quick vid out at some point.

11052505_691265157652531_8548830601937400810_o.jpg

Swift Sport
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it mate. I know from experience those HGT's don't hang about!

I don't suppose your mate got any pics of my green MX-5?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it mate. I know from experience those HGT's don't hang about!

I don't suppose your mate got any pics of my green MX-5?

Just asked him, not sure how trigger happy he was with it!

The car felt good round there, the only frustrating bit was the hairpin. Could feel it hitting its dirty flat spot on the way out! (There is footage of me calling it a dickhead lol)

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
I was there on the 7th of June, only one RS Clio there and that didn't even run on track. Come on guys!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Guessing they accept new members on all the club afternoons? Possibly got a mate coming with me at the weekend.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Club afternoon is showing as tomorrow in the calendar lol? Sheffield and Hallamshire Sprint on Sunday.
Unless it's wrong!

Swift Sport
I'm glad you pointed that out lol, you're right it's this afternoon! God knows why I thought it was Sunday! I'll still be there :up:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Great to meet you on Saturday Steve, I've got a couple of videos to Dropbox over to you at some point! Spent last night playing and put this together...

Swift Sport
That's awesome mate, I had no idea you'd been filming! Your lines are pretty good actually dude and that Punto is surprisingly nippy :)

You might have to explain to me what Dropbox is though lol.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
That's awesome mate, I had no idea you'd been filming! Your lines are pretty good actually dude and that Punto is surprisingly nippy :smile:

You might have to explain to me what Dropbox is though lol.

Sneaky camera behind the mirror where the GPS receiver sits. :up:

I'll send you a link and you should be able to easily download a couple of vids of your runs lol.