ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP windscreen

Weeman sucks ****

The other week I got a big-ish spider crack on my windscreen. As Im with direct line I get it changed with only a 50 quid excess which is ok. However, when on the blower to autoglass/autowindscreens I was asked what colour tint my car should have.

Then, I didnt know, now i do. Green is the colour according to the fitter that came out. Now i have the lilac/purple colour windscreen and its got the bit missing for what I can imagine to be the climate control read-out on the standard 172s, is this correct?

Also, I now know that the door glass is thinner in a cup as part of all the weight reductions, does this apply to the windscreens aswell, if so I might get the right one fitted. Although, I wouldnt mind changing anyway cos there are a few lines appear when theres damp in the air or it rains, as if the laquer or film has been scratched off (v annoying)?!

Sorry for a long post, had to get it off my chest.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

err, there isnt a climate control readout on the windscreen. If you have a patch on the windscreen then you got the wrong one, that the 172 windscreen with the heat reflective coating on it.

Lee

BMW M2C

The bit missing down the bottom is for those French toll road things wotsits. I assume thats the clear patch you are refering to?

Sounds like you got a screen like y0z when he cracked his a few weeks back. Except he just came straight out and said it was pink. ;)