ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup wheels on Ph1 172...

Megane R26
Tbh I'd say there is no change in the handling on the 16's. Got them on my Ph1 and the offset is different but haven't experienced any rubbing, even when dropped on 40mm Apex.

Mine below (on standard springs)

ZainoMk1RSclio015.jpg

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i put cup 16's on a 172 and they rubbed the wheel arches, only slightly but they def. rubbed.

320d
A 172 Cup is ET 38.5
Mk1 172 is ET 43
Trophy or Cup Pack 182 is ET 45

Therefore trophy turini's are more suitable especially if you're plannig on lowering the car with a good drop

The ride may feel slightly firmer on the 16's due to the thinner profile tyres but other than that the rolling radius will be almost identical

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Cue said:
i put cup 16's on a 172 and they rubbed the wheel arches, only slightly but they def. rubbed.

They shouldnt are you sure your chassis not bent....

Really they should not rub people with H&R's - 50/70mm dont rub..!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
it was by the time i'd finished with that car, bought it for track use with the intension of increasing the performance etc but only did 500 miles in it. First time i took it on a track i plough through a tyre wall at Donnington. Not pretty. Didn't realise they used fibre glass wings on them till then.