ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup vs Motorbike :(

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
To be honest if he can see traffic coming along there and still he decides to pull out, why didn't he pull into the right hand lane instead of across into yours? Sounds to me like he overcooked it pulling out.
Probably trying to keep up with the guys who had already pulled out.

I honestly don't know what he was thinking Ollie.

Maybe he was trying to keep up with his mates and didn't look properly. Or misjudged his acceleration as he had a pillion.

Got my courtesy car now, it's massive.

cfbcb51d.jpg

At the minute I can't praise RASL enough. Car was recovered really quickly and is now in a body shop. Should hear what's happening with the car tomorrow. Courtesy car the next morning, staff are really helpful and polite. Let's hope my experience stays good.

182 Cup
Gutted for you Emma, there are always accidents there, been a few big ones too, when I was reading through the thread I thought it'd be at that junction before you'd shown it!

FF 182
I agree with Shifty.. It is a bad junction and a horrible stretch of road.
Gutted for you Emma, but glad everyone is ok.

Listerine & Poledo
WOW!

Surprised that it didn't get crushed instead for that kind of bill!

Good result for you though :)

Yeh insurance are paying. The body shop guy said they were as good as gold and gave the ok the repair straight away.

Its safe to say when he told me it would be £2400 I expected them to write it off.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The motorbike is a write off without a doubt so can't really avoid getting the insurance involved

Im happy with that though tbh. Should come back as I'm not at fault, (witnesses), I know my premium will go up but hey, that's the way it is.

If its a not at fault accident, it shouldnt effect your premium.

PB Clio 172
I dont work in a bodyshop or know much about repairs but isnt this a bit steep?

I take it the bikers insurance is paying for this ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I dont work in a bodyshop or know much about repairs but isnt this a bit steep?

I take it the bikers insurance is paying for this ?

To be an insurance approved repair it will have to be all new parts and guarenteed etc, the prices are way higher than you could fix it for as a member of the public using secondhand parts etc.

I'm assuming the bikers insurance is paying as the body shop told me there is no excess to pay on my part. I also haven't heard anything regarding the accident from either insurance company apart from what I've told them over the phone.

I expected maybe £1500 for repairs. But I couldn't care what it costs really. I'll just be happy to have my car back.

182 Cup
Was just wondering how this was goin, tis a shame your clio is off the road as me, chip n Lesley are gonna have a mini meet tomorrow nite at hankridge maccys, you could always pop down in your courtesy car!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yep, non fault someone coming onto my side of the road and sideswiped me. Stuck about £200 on come renewal.

All depends if you inform your insurer. If it all goes via the third party and your insurance company don't get a whiff of it then you can get away without being stung.
All depends on who blames who though. If there is doubt about liability then it always pays to let your insurance company know.

In regards to the cost, that sounds pretty much the going rate considering the damage. Labour alone will prob be approaching 1k, add in circa 300+ for materials etc and then Renault parts and VAT...

Was just wondering how this was goin, tis a shame your clio is off the road as me, chip n Lesley are gonna have a mini meet tomorrow nite at hankridge maccys, you could always pop down in your courtesy car!

What time you thinking? I'll pop down in my big brown monster if it's after I've finished work at 7.

All depends if you inform your insurer. If it all goes via the third party and your insurance company don't get a whiff of it then you can get away without being stung.
All depends on who blames who though. If there is doubt about liability then it always pays to let your insurance company know.

In regards to the cost, that sounds pretty much the going rate considering the damage. Labour alone will prob be approaching 1k, add in circa 300+ for materials etc and then Renault parts and VAT...

I asked where the cost was split. He told me its just over £1000 just for the car parts let alone materials and labour.

182 Cup
Yeah just a chance for us locals to meet before the KK meet in Bristol really, I'll prob bring me camera out as well though, we'll have to go to Tiverton once your Clio is sorted!

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
How weird! Glad everyones ok and this seems to be goin the way it should. I just keep looking at it and i know with my wife on the back i would have to be pretty sure i was ok to pull out because you just can't give it some beans to get out of trouble. Very odd behaviour from this particular two wheeler especially as his daughter was on the back. He was lucky you were in the clio as something heavier with worse brakes could have really given him something to think about.

Maybe it was a bit of karma!? he may have been a bit of a chancer and needed a wake up call. Shame it picked you to do the damage :(

Great result. Glad you got it back and all sorted.

When's your insurance due for renewal? Would be interested to see how much they put it up. Hopefully not much.

182 Cup
Good to hear the cup is back on the road, have to do a photo shoot with our cups soon! Could you tell me again where you had your wheels refurbed and do you have contact details for them as I've deleted all my inbox!
Cheers
Si

182 Cup
Cheers, my wheels are all scuffed an as I'm starting to get the detailing bug they're the only thing that let's the car down!

Evo 8 MR
Just gone and got the car back.

They've missed the bumper stickers which I expected so they are going to try and get some.

I'm so happy to get the car back :)

If I'm not mistaken Renault supply the bumper painted up and without those stickers.

Clio RS200 GW
Ive no idea. It does look like a pretty good paint job, well to my untrained eye anyway.

I'll just hound the body shop for my stickers. They'll be glad to get rid of me lol.

Lets have some pictures blondie see what sort of job they done

Small world, I work in assessing and I authorised the work to be done on your car. Guy at the garage said it was mint.