ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup/Trophy/V6 spoilers?

Clio 172
Looking to change the standard spoiler on my 172.

Have seen many Cup ones on the net, and also people talking about Trophy and V6 spoilers aswell.

Is there any substantial difference in them as from what I can see the only difference is +£100 on the price.

Also pics would be helpful to compare

Regards

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
The v6 spoiler is the same as the Trophy spoiler. There is a noticeable difference, and for the v6 / Trophy spoiler it's mainly the cost of the boot struts needed that raise the price significantly over a cup spoiler. But...you can use BMW 1 series engine struts I believe, and SGS engineering do some struts too.

I have the v6 / trophy spoiler on mine. There are photos of it in my project thread (click on the avatar link in blue on the left). I'm on the phone else I'd dig out a good picture someone did of all the spoilers showing the differences...

Cup spoiler:

emuqytu8.jpg

Trophy/V6 spoiler:

va6e5a4u.jpg

Trophy/V6 spoiler are the same thing. Main difference between them and cup spoiler is shown in the pictures mate. Trophy/V6 spoiler has more 'lift' and a different brake light

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I ran a replica trophy/v6 spoiler on mine, came from Italy. Cost about €60 and it looked awesome. Price has gone up since when I bought one though.

Didn't need to change boot struts either.

Get a Cup one, cheaper and does the job nicely imo.

At least its not this v6 one:
blue3.jpg

Very similar to:
One of those is easily £400 if you can find one. Mind you, they only look OK non standard looking Vee's.

I love that car by the way, the owner is a top dude (it's also a mk1 like mine)

Listerine & Poledo
That spoiler should have been standard fit for Vees.

It's not like they dont look silly already.... silly in a really good way