ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup springs?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Paint marks. White and yellow are the colours on the genuine 172 Cup springs. Give them a wipe if the finish has not rusted off they are easy to spot.

clio 172 cup
So if they've been replaced at sometime with the correct springs they will still be white/yellow? You cant get the right size cup springs that aren't white/yellow?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Not that I've seen. You can't get them aftermarket. You can get 172 springs which will be unmarked (no paint marks but maybe a code or branding of some sort) if aftermarket and white/white I've been told if genuine Renault.

If you can't find a yellow and white mark on an uncorroded springs it's not a genuine cup spring. I've just replaced a non cup front on mine that had no markings. I now have 4 springs all with yellow and white marks on.

If it's not yellow and white it's not right. That's all there is to it.

I had 172 rear dampers on my cup and an aftermarket 172 spring. Handles better now with the right bits on.

You may have Uprated aftermarket springs. It's when they get mixed like mine was it spoils the handling.

Last edited:
  Racing Blue 182 Cup
I have just replaced the front springs on my 182 Cup and they have yellow/blue markings and the rears red/white. Not trying to confuse anyone just sharing my knowledge.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Interesting. I have put mine into renaults parts software so I know my cup is right and I git the correct rear damper part number from here. As the Renault system states 172 shocks.