ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup spoiler fitting guide

evo 6rs/clio 172
I have just bought a cup spoiler for my 172
Its impossible to fit as it fouls the roof
Anyone else had trouble

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Fitted my old RB's cup spoiler to my Ph1 today.

Make sure the brake light wiring/connector socket is tucked into the recess in the spoiler. Make sure you screw the torx screws in all the way to ensure the spoiler is tight against the boot lid.

evo 6rs/clio 172
I see mate I put 4 of them in
I will have another go with all 6 to see if brings into line
Cheers

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Assuming you missed out the two centre screws? Put them in. Will pull the spoiler towards the bootlid, giving more space between the roof and spoiler when the bootlid is open.

Hey mate, i had a bit of bother when fitting mine, I had to get a mate to hold the spoiler firmly into the bootlid to bring the screw-holes close enough, then did up the 2 centre screws, then the top screw on each side and the bottom on each side.
As above, when you tighten it up, it will pull the spoiler closer in itself. Just make sure the brake light conenctor etc are out of the way. I just cut the plug off mine and spliced the wires together since it's highly unlikely it'll ever come off.

ph2 1.2 dynamique
Anyone have any idea where I could buy a cup spoiler? Been searching for a while now and can't find any:/

If you become a full paid member, you'll get access to the for sale section of the forum, they come up there pretty often. membership is the best £12 you'll spend on your car.