ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup shocks & cooksport springs

Looking....
I fitted a set of cooksport springs with new cup shocks all round on my 172 non cup a few weeks ago.
My cars been to the dealers today to have a faulty front shock replaced under warranty.

When I went to pick the car up the guy said that due to the lowering spring fitted there was no travel in the front shocks and were riding on the bump stops. He suggested fitting up rated shocks (not Renault so not after taking my money).

I read quite a bit on here before and since buying the above and not seen anyone report any problems so far, the car passed its MOT in Feb and feels great to drive. Any one encountered any problems with this set up?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Sounds like a mong and trying to get money out of you. You will know yourself if it's sitting on the bump stops as there would be no suspension travel whatsoever effectively.

Looking....
Yeah there is movement as you would expect and drives spot on.
My first thoughts were he was going to try sell me some new shocks and kindly offer to fit them for X amount of my hard earned beer tokens but when I questioned him on what he would suggest buying he just said "get some up rated ones"