ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer bearing - continued

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
After confusion on which bearing and sourcing a new bearing and fitting into the hub, just a question. Theres circlip grooves on both sides of the bearing but im sure there was only one circlip on the inside and the other (wheel side) not fitted ? Plus its a magnetic one, guess its ABS related.

Also the bearing sits proud and in position that it looks like wants another circlip? what stops the bearing moving in the hub if only one circlip ?

Pics below :-

View attachment 67811

View attachment 67812

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
So is that right then?

Mine came with 2 but one of them was very slack and the other snug as fitted.

Wont the bearing be able to move with just one circlip ?

Last edited by a moderator:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Needing 2 makes sense so the bearing doesnt move. I have just taken the disc and caliper of the other side and had a look and theres a circlip either side.!!

Although 1 circlip seems larger (sloppier) in the groove on the new bearing (FAG) than the other.?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Its a laguna one i have and same part number as i took out not the cup one (different part numbers) one is 95 quid the other 52:-

Size is the same, dont know the reason for the difference but i know the expensive one has some sort of ABS magnet??:-

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...de7874f440e6a7826aabc2d690593bb2c7840f&000370

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...4208c2f3c39988aaec9d71a691738e2c114cf3&000370

Also the outer race (they are split into 2 bearing on the unside) truns smooth but the inner racer is very hard to rotate ? pressed it in with the circlip fitted so dont know if i have pressed it too far as i can not move the circlip ?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Should both the circlips be free and rotate, one tight and ones loose ? may be pressed in too far....