ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup or non-Cup arms?

Are these arms cup (extra caster) or non cup?

Thought they were but now I'm not so sure...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376072857.285412.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Those are the non-cup arms, or more to the point they are early arms, we are all being a bit misleading calling them cup/non-cup as all the late cars were meant to have the increased castor, our non cup 182 has the original arms still for example and has extra caster.

You cant give an exact figure as if you have different caster to begin with (based on ride heights) then the same shift forward results in a different degrees change in angle, but if you assume you wont add more than tow degrees and wont add less than one degree, thats a pretty safe bet.

Might have to. I've got Powerflex bushes all ready to go though (cheaper way to do it for me through work prices) so will see what Renparts say first

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You could always just modify them if you are reasonably handy with a welder, its not really not difficult.

I did a thread about it on here somewhere.

Yes as Kat said I did buy these 5 months ago but figured it was worth a call anyway, and thanks for understanding the situation

Like I said to the other guy on the phone (can't remember his name) ill send these back Monday and hopefully we can sort this out :)

So good on Renparts for the customer service so far and I hope I can continue to use them in confidence like I have done in the past!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair play to renparts for that, taking them back into stock 5 months later is certianly above and beyond the call of duty!