ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup noises

R27 - 77/500
hi there just a post in relation to the post that RALLYPUG put up about the problems hes been having.

well the question i wanna know is how many cup owners dont have these problems? im after a cup early next year when i turn 21 n im starting to wonder about it now. dont wanna a car that gonna need to see a renault garage every month. 3 year warrenty will nearly be up on most next year!!!

cheers Dan

182BG
what problems were these, i think i missed that thread :(

there are always noises from the 172 cup, its actually built to be less sound proof.
As for these problems, some have them some don't. My 03 cup makes weird noises most of the time and so did my old cup but renault actually said it was a manufacturing fault, something to do with the engine mounts... can't really remember, but i have never had any serious problems. it was just a noise.
Shouldn't let this put you off, you will miss out on a great car

just get one super cars . you will miss out if you don't . any car can make weird noises .

Cup 172
They are fairly raw, so do tend to make noises. Mine doesnt like the daily commute and always feels a bit difficult. However... get it out onto open roads and there isnt much that can touch it... Had loads of niggles on mine but nothing serious. If you can put up with small problems go for it, if you want something dull and 100% reliable, buy a Corolla...

R27 - 77/500
yea dont get me wrong i dont mind the odd rattle, i got a 106 rallye at the mo, a cup will feel deluxe compared to that! i was just reffering to the strut noise and some people saying they've had their car in 3+ times now and by time i get one renualt will be charging me to look for the problem.

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
Dan, I've got a 2003 Cup, nothing major has gone wrong since it was new, fan belt used to slip and tailgate rattled but they have been sorted out, any other squeaks or rattles inside are fixed with a dab of superglue.
Rides perfect, so happy with the car I have decided to keep it for at least another year, probably two.
If you are buying a second hand one, the best way to think about it is all the problems should be sorted by the time you get it!

Cup 172
Ive been well fussy with mine and have plagued my dealer, so its probably had everything done that it needs. In fact I pestered them so much, they extended my warranty until September 2007. A Cup with a 5 year warranty? Think Ill be keeping it...

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
yes i get a few rattles but nothing to moan about, nothings seriously gone wrong, it gives the car a character....

clio 200
i get alot of road noise when driving due to less sound proofing but other than that mine hasnt had any of the other strange noises touch wood

Peddled device
Can't really knock the car....its f****** brill ! But for the dealer to say that the front right strut noise is 'normal' when the left doesn't make any noise sounds a tad like a truck full of Mr b****cks to me!
They WILL sort this out for me.

team_penetrator said:
Ive been well fussy with mine and have plagued my dealer, so its probably had everything done that it needs. In fact I pestered them so much, they extended my warranty until September 2007. A Cup with a 5 year warranty? Think Ill be keeping it...

How much did this cost you?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think I've been very lucky with mine...passed 50,000 mile this week, and the only rattle of got is the 4k heatshield (which I like)...the inside is completely 100% rattle free and has been since new.

That's after 10+ trackdays/airfield days too :approve:

I'd say go for it...you get problems with any car, but the smile the Cup gives (for me anyway) makes up for just about any problem you could have.

Touch wood our Cup seems to be rattle free and we seem to have been lucky no problems at all at 32k miles, mind you it always gets warmed up before reved over 3k and little things like oil changed every 6k miles etc are done to keep it as good a runner as it can be.
If your looking we will be chopping the car in come the new year, if your still thinking about it.

R27 - 77/500
yea will be looking for one around april time, when im 21 n insurance is reasonable i hope.