ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup - Mark 1 172 interior (56k... behave)

Put the back seats in today, will get fronts done during week when I can get it up on a ramp. What you guys rekon?

editing pics way to big.

[Edited by Neil82cup on 6/25/2005 2:15:43 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 June 2005
will get fronts done during week when I can get it up on a ramp.

IIRC you can pop the plastic covers off the sides of the seats and unbolt the runners from the seat. Saves pissing about under the car. I had no choice as i was fitting buckets.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 June 2005will get fronts done during week when I can get it up on a ramp.

IIRC you can pop the plastic covers off the sides of the seats and unbolt the runners from the seat. Saves pissing about under the car. I had no choice as i was fitting buckets.

Cheers L, does anyone know if this is right?

A well built VW

Not bad for 200£ I rekon.
Bargain - look very nice - reckon you can get me some for that price ;) or sell me your cup interior for a bargain price!

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 June 2005will get fronts done during week when I can get it up on a ramp. IIRC you can pop the plastic covers off the sides of the seats and unbolt the runners from the seat. Saves pissing about under the car. I had no choice as i was fitting buckets.

Cheers L, does anyone know if this is right?

just had a look at mine without taking the cover off (couldnt be arsed to go to the garage and get the tools out) and it looks like the rails/subframe have studs on them and the seat drops down and is held on by nuts. Only other thing is the seat tilt/release cable is clipped in but from what i can see its that straight forward. Now go fit the fronts b**ch, lol

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 June 2005will get fronts done during week when I can get it up on a ramp. IIRC you can pop the plastic covers off the sides of the seats and unbolt the runners from the seat. Saves pissing about under the car. I had no choice as i was fitting buckets. Cheers L, does anyone know if this is right?
just had a look at mine without taking the cover off (couldnt be arsed to go to the garage and get the tools out) and it looks like the rails/subframe have studs on them and the seat drops down and is held on by nuts. Only other thing is the seat tilt/release cable is clipped in but from what i can see its that straight forward. Now go fit the fronts b**ch, lol

Had a look at it and it seems easy to unbolt them from runners until you look at the bolts on the side next to the hand brake.One of the bolts is under the seat belt prentensioner, is it ok to just unplug the wire going into the prentensioner?

[Edited by Neil82cup on 6/25/2005 3:29:10 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 25 June 2005will get fronts done during week when I can get it up on a ramp. IIRC you can pop the plastic covers off the sides of the seats and unbolt the runners from the seat. Saves pissing about under the car. I had no choice as i was fitting buckets. Cheers L, does anyone know if this is right?just had a look at mine without taking the cover off (couldnt be arsed to go to the garage and get the tools out) and it looks like the rails/subframe have studs on them and the seat drops down and is held on by nuts. Only other thing is the seat tilt/release cable is clipped in but from what i can see its that straight forward. Now go fit the fronts b**ch, lol

Had a look at it and it seems easy to unbolt them from runners until you look at the bolts on the side next to the hand brake.One of the bolts is under the seat belt prentensioner, is it ok to just unplug the wire going into the prentensioner?

[Edited by Neil82cup on 6/25/2005 3:29:10 PM]

Youll have to do this no matter which way you remove the seats. Disconnect the battery for about 30mins before you unplug anything this just covers your arse. Its normally safe to disconnect them straight after disconnecting the battery but leaving it 30 mins just makes sure any charge that might be hanging about dissopates.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

What Loony says.

Disconnect the pretensioner and unbolt the belt clip that its attached to then you can get into the bolt easily, no need to go under the car at all.

H

harryr34

Its easier to change ir from underneath, put a jeack on one side and you can undo both seats, i fitted the same interior into a cup in about 25 mins.

Looks wicked mate, well worth the cash IMO and as it the Mk1 seats you even get the better front seats with the coloured logo!

Big - :D

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 25 June 2005
They look well used tho!!! but for 200 smackers, no complaints

You think? Look pretty good to me, just need a clean/leather feed.

Yep :D Ill get some pics later. Thought they were the same seats but the 172 ones are more supportive but you do sit a ball hair higher.

CTR EK9 turbo

Looks great! phase one 172 seats are the best imo, no strange perforations and the lovely coloured logo....