ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Knocking

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Think I've read something about this before but any advice would be appreciated.

Noticed today that I get a metal to metal type knocking when on full lock and going over bumps. Dont get any knocking on full lock at any other time though.

Think I read that there was a recall for something like this but it seemed to be a knocking/rubbing on full lock all the time.
Any ideas?

Trophy No. 440
You are right when you say that a lot of cars seem to get a knocking all the time on full lock.

Don't know whether your problem is the same thing or not.

Check out ClioTrophy.co.uk There are loads of threads on there about it. Basically, people reckon that it is the top of the damper rod catching the metal edge of the strut mounting hole in the turret on full lock. There are also questions and answers about this issue on the RenaultSport forum under the "panel of experts" bit (including one that I asked the other day under the username mickd).

Trophy No. 440
RALLYPUG said:
Needs a modification by Reno.Tell then its one of these ..

TI 1505 or TI 1520

What do these mods involve? Is it right that they consist of a service bloke attacking the turrets with an angle grinder

Peddled device
Possibly.I was told that all the 182 models shouldn't suffer from this 'cause the mod was done at the factory.
If its under warranty get it done....why risk it! And hey,it only took me 9 months to have it done!

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Yeah mine does it too....

I was told by one of the guys from Reno that they offer a template upto the strut and grind part of it off.... Sounds a bit dodgy to me........

Mine only seems to knock on the drivers side though, is this normal for this fault?

And if it can be sorted with an angle grinder, how? as i can do that myself.