ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Killing Season

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
,Had my incident last night, changed into 2nd on a round about, back end went and straight into the barrier thank god it's only a bumper I need! Very lucky!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
,Had my incident last night, changed into 2nd on a round about, back end went and straight into the barrier thank god it's only a bumper I need! Very lucky!

Glad u got through it man i had a close call friday night aswell i was nearly straight into a barrier :-(

Snow plough

y8y8e9yz.jpg

Great picture :cool:

Clio Sport 172.
I wish my car didn't have traction control or ABS especially for the winter months. I'd rather be in full control of what my wheels are doing instead of stupid systems cutting in and out when they feel like it.
Luckily I have a button for that!!

172 cup
I find my cup fine until I get out of town where I live. Last few mornings people have been driving down the road I live off through big puddles which has lead to a sheet of ice covering about 500 meters of the road. its bloody scary!

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I find my cup fine until I get out of town where I live. Last few mornings people have been driving down the road I live off through big puddles which has lead to a sheet of ice covering about 500 meters of the road. its bloody scary!

So like any car then. It still has 4 bits of rubber connecting it to the road.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I get where you're coming from mate, its fine to want to keep your posessions in good condition, for me I'd rather if my car was in good condition to leave it in the garage and use something else, the only reason I do it is because I dont trust other people's driving in the snow

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I think I've had 1*2's for the last 4 winters and they've always been fine in the snowy conditions. 2 years ago I took my Cup up to The Lakes for a bit of a blast.....
3-22.jpg

2-27.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
I think I've had 1*2's for the last 4 winters and they've always been fine in the snowy conditions. 2 years ago I took my Cup up to The Lakes for a bit of a blast.....
3-22.jpg

2-27.jpg

Omg! Without ABS? I would have thought that was impossible ;)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
TBH i prefer a car without ABS, feels like your more in control. Cup killing season? More like bad driving

Trophy Turbo :)
ill be frank i pull the fuse from the ABS on all my cars in the snow/ice id rather be able to control it my self than have some stupid ABS pump do it or TRY and do it for me :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Mines lasted a few winters.

Just don't drive like a muppet.

I know there are other drivers who might bump into you but that could happen anytime.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
TBH i prefer a car without ABS, feels like your more in control. Cup killing season? More like bad driving
Definatly , Also why do people rave on about ABS beeing needed in the snow/ice its actually worse IMO having ABS than not having it during these snowy / icy conditions!
Stopping distances are increased on snow with ABS. And if your on ice and all 4 wheels lock up the ABS system thinks you've stopped and doesnt work anyway?

If you've managed to get all 4 wheels to completely lock up at the same time - then you're driving like a tool or in road conditions that are completely unsuitable. Usually at least one wheel will have SOME grip

ABS allows you to turn the car while stopping - it's a massive aid on ice as it's the difference between avoiding a lamp post/car while locked up - or hitting it

It's not worth having in the snow as the best way to stop is actually to lock the wheels up and allow the snow to build up in front of the wheel

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
If you've managed to get all 4 wheels to completely lock up at the same time - then you're driving like a tool or in road conditions that are completely unsuitable. Usually at least one wheel will have SOME grip

ABS allows you to turn the car while stopping - it's a massive aid on ice as it's the difference between avoiding a lamp post/car while locked up - or hitting it

It's not worth having in the snow as the best way to stop is actually to lock the wheels up and allow the snow to build up in front of the wheel

Don't necessarily agree with using your brakes on snow. I live on quite a steep drive and in snowy conditions its quite bad. Best thing to do is leave the car in gear and turn into the slide and try to keep your wheels straight. If I touched the brakes the car would be like a sledge and would end up in a tree/ditch. What I do in the land rover is aim for the grass verge if I have a slide, always more grip there. My brothers van was amazing last year on winter tyres, it even braked quite well

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Where from? I could probably do with some living right out in the sticks, especially if we get some decent snow.

He's works for camskill mate, so guessing there.

They do work very well, I've recently got some and had a bit of snow off the beaten track in North Yorkshire and was impressed with them. That's on an mx5 btw

Just drive to the conditions and you'll be fine. I have hardly had ABS kick in on any car I have ever drove tbh