ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup + ice = shagged!

Well, i just took the cup out to the jetwash, thin layer of snow on corner of bay, car went straight on, into a kerb & BANG!!! Thought i got away with a kerbed wheel, but oh no!! Broke the wishbone arm, gearbox oil everywhere cuz the drive shaft got pulled out, & gotta wait for for an estimate now. crap start to the day, but the sun is shining, so might go out in the V6, then again, dont wanna get caught out again. I always argued that no abs on the cup gave a better pedal feel, but now am thinking, sod pedal feel & save the excess insurance money!

172 Exclusive

Not good at all mate hope its not too much to get sorted out.

Its just winter it seems to be the time of year where cups try to kill themselves

Nippy white cup

Does abs make that much difference on ice....Im not sure but I dont think it does....

Sorry to hear about your car tho m8...hopre it is sorted soon

Chris

Cheers guys.

Sad thing is ive been on 6 trackdyas in all conditions & never had a moment

Just going round the corner & having a ding has really grated me. My lesson is learnt & will know better next time.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Sorry to hear about your knock Jay. I almost put my Cup in a wall yesterday after it suddenly twitched and pulled me towards it. I guess I was just lucky not to rip one side off my car.

Nothing stops on ice, ABS, EBD, Traction Control - you name it... no contact between rubber and road = forget it!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Unlucky mate..... I have almost lost it in the cup l8ly.... No other aids like si said can help u, i was on full lock in my drive, just turning around and the car was just sliding, i wasnt even doing 2mph i recon! Hope all is fixed soon

fat 182

know who you feel had two crashes in less than 24 hours thursday & friday

and both times i wasnt moving just got hit car looks a bit poorly now

:mad:

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 05 March 2005

nothing stops on ice, hope youre back on the road soon

it helps though. did you see this weeks 5th gear with the abs and ESP tests on ice?