ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Alternator

Audi TT 225
How the F**K do you get it off?

alternator.gif

I need to replace the part on the right which the 13mm bolt screws into, the verticle bolt so Ive taken the 13mm off, got the snapped piece out, loosened the 16mm bolt and pushed the alternator down to get the belt off now theres no way in buggery of getting this part in unless the alternator comes off (as far as I can see). Tried squeezing it through the top, tried getting it in from the bottom... no joy.
So I took out the 16mm bolt I loosened but it doesn't come off.. I can see three bolts holding the bracket to the block but theres no way to get to the lower bolt :S

Anyone know?

172 cup'd extreme
16mm bolt undone pull it out, then undo the 13mm that attaches it to the bar and it will come out then, if the 16mm bolt wont move punch it out with a small punch

Audi TT 225
Right I'll go persuade it with a hammer... always wanted to beat the crap out of this car anyways muwahahaha

Revenge!

Audi TT 225
Well persuasion worked ;)

Got it running, still had a bit of a squeel over 2k, slackened it all off again and levered it up more, tightened back up and no squeel, just drove to the top of the street and back.... whoop

And Mr Freddy my PAS is no longer making a noise and it feels nice and light :rasp:

Whoop I has done mechanics!

Audi TT 225
The bolt keeping the alternator up (and aux belt tight) snapped thats what I just replaced :D

PAS was making an odd noise and steering was heavy when I got my car back but its nice and light now Ive done this but still makes a lil noise so maybe the pumps on its way out.

Just noticed another bloomin problem tho Ive been getting a tap....tap...tap from under my plenum, just noticed they put my old HT leads back on and one of thems got a big split in it so its arching to the rocker cover.... BALL ACHE!