ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS & Tables

Right my CSS website is coming along well thank you to alot of you on here giving me hints etc...

But...

Can you use CSS and tables? because its just being displayed weirdly in firefox and even more so in IE. Should I just give tables a miss in CSS, i wanted a table because its the best way of displaying my fixtures and results for my 5 a side team.

If it's tabular data then use a table - that's what they're for. Displaying fixtures and results does sound like it may be tabular in nature so I don't see an issue. Use can still use CSS to define the look of the table.

306 TD Slut
i have used tables within CSS before, like 172.com said, use CSS to define the appearance and layout/positioning of the table.

you can set id's / class's to the <td> <tr> <table> tags.

ie. <table class="style1"></table>

Rav4
yap you can use CSS on virtually anything, there are many good tutorials out there.

Takes a little while to learn, but all good :)

Show us what you have

ive done something and its sort of working now, lol, ill fill in more info and see what happens, if it gets bad ill shout for help again! lol !

I'm about to go out, but tomorrow morning I'll pm you the websites I used/use when learning something new, tutorials are great and teach you pretty much everything, then it's just playing with it to figure it out!

Feel free to remind me if I don't!

ok its coming along nicely, got a pictures page, all pictures are resized down, then when user clicks them they open up the larger version image in a new black browser, anyway of opening it up in a new window which is just the size of the picture if that makes any sense?

306 TD Slut
na the link the gabi posted,

your site is pretty good for a first attempt, in the words of louie walsh 'I loyke it"

Rav4
Yer it's a wicked one, specially as it's so light :)

There are many little programs like that I love!

wooooooooooop

Yes your site is very good for your first CSS site, really is, you should be proud.

I can tell you used a template though from dynamic drive ;)

Furry_cup has a hairy cup !