ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS - Lincolnshire Convoy

What's the plan lads?

Are we going the long way and meeting at woodall with the yorkshire lot - or are we heading down to Leicester Forest East services and meeting yorkshire/east mids lot?

Be good to get a big convoy on the go :D

Edition 30
I'll meet you all at the Friendly Farmer then onto LFE.

I dunno if there is anyone else going from Newark apart from James.

OK - sounds like if we all meet at the mcdonalds just off newark roundabout, then head down tot he Friendly Farmer at newark, then straight down the A46 to LFE - should be good

I'll work some times out when we know how many people are going from this way :)

I can't wait

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
What time should we set off? giving us a bit of time too as you never know :)

I reckon an hour and a half to get to LFE - and we need to do a quick stop in at Newark.

What about this :-

7.30am leave mcdonalds opposite Pennels in Lincoln?
7.45 - 8am stop at Friendly Farmer in Newark to pick locals up and any stragglers from Lincoln can catch up.
Leave 8am - head down to LFE for about 9.10

That way we can all have a meet and great at LFE - and a nice big convoy for the last stretch to the show? :D

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I reckon an hour and a half to get to LFE - and we need to do a quick stop in at Newark.

7.45 - 8am stop at Friendly Farmer in Newark to pick locals up and any stragglers from Lincoln can catch up.

That way we can all have a meet and great at LFE - and a nice big convoy for the last stretch to the show? :D

Sorted! :D

RS2'd Trophy

Good plan Phil!! Am I a local or a straggler haha.

182 Cup
I have an epic amount to do, change all brake discs and pads, fix CV gaitor clip after repacking with grease, fix washer bottle, change steering wheel (after glueing the thumbgrips down)

Clean the engine bay, de-tar, clay, wash and polish then wax :eek:

think the mrs might kill me!

RS2'd Trophy
yeah ive got a pretty epic amount to do aswell.

Detail the car completely, clean the seatbelts and seats because there horrific , clean the arches out and tidy up the bay. Simples :D

Bright, Do you have TD 1.2's in silver on your car?

James

RS2'd Trophy
Wooo good lad!

Can't wait for this. Need to get my engine bay tidied up so I can be an ASW and have the bodies on show lol

Phil seriously just use white vinegar mixed with baby shampoo and water. 1/10 mix it works an absolute treat!! I prefer it to using the industrial strength cleaners as its not grime its mainly just corrosion.

182 Cup
yeah ive got a pretty epic amount to do aswell.

Detail the car completely, clean the seatbelts and seats because there horrific , clean the arches out and tidy up the bay. Simples :D

Bright, Do you have TD 1.2's in silver on your car?

James

Unfortunately no! On standard 182 cups at the moment. Previous owner kerbed it to hell and I haven't got the time to sort it yet :(

So the car has had the discs and pads changed <3 carbone lorraine

fixed the washer pump and then had a stone crack the windscreen on the way home :mad:

just got to order some cleaning stuff. i think then.the big clean the day before!

RS2'd Trophy
Unfortunately no! On standard 182 cups at the moment. Previous owner kerbed it to hell and I haven't got the time to sort it yet :(

So the car has had the discs and pads changed <3 carbone lorraine

fixed the washer pump and then had a stone crack the windscreen on the way home :mad:

just got to order some cleaning stuff. i think then.the big clean the day before!

Epic brake pads! ah right I keep seeing an inferno in doddington with silver 1.2's! I think you drove past me a couple of weeks ago down monks road, I was walking back from college and saw a nice sounding inferno go by.

Seatbelts are on my list too, best thing to do it get some arial OSA then scrub the F out of them, worked a treat last time.

James

182 Cup
Bit of a stick in my coming to CSS is that my car might be in the garage still.

Anyone from Lincoln willing to let me tag along if I haven't got my car? Will go halves on petrol just don't want to miss out + picking parts up from a couple of people (nothing big, just some dash strips, steering wheel trim, diamond and an air filter)

I will know tomorrow about my car, but thought I'd better ask to see if it was possible if the worst comes to the worst! :)

G

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I'm pretty sure if you can get to mcdonalds then someone will let you jump in
I'd offer but I've only got 2 seats and the girlfriend is coming lol
Same, if the girlfriend doesn't get out of bed though you can pay half my fuel lol, see you in the morning guys :)

182 Cup
nice to meet everyone, was a good convoy down to LFE after the minor detour at Newark! ;)

was that bmw still on the m69 when everyone came back up?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Yup, had just happened when we came to it, conditions were aweful down the M1