ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS Convoy Thread

clio 172, mondeo td
Right people, I thought I'd start a thread so everybody can either join a convoy to CSS coming from Yorkshire and humberside or maybe we could discuss who's going down when and a time that everybody would be happy with.

So we're going to have two convoys I'm guessing, the people going down Friday night and people travelling down Saturday morning, so would people want to meet at Woolley edge services (between jct39-38 m1) then maybe travel down to meet everybody that's in the south of the region at Woodall services (jct 31-30) then set off one in convoy or would it be easier just to meet altogether at the southern services which is Woodall services?

If the Friday people meet at Wooley edge Say 6.30-7.00pm then travel down to Woodall and meet people there and then it's straight down to billing (unless anybody needs a pee,petrol, drinks etc) would that be ok for the Friday night peeps?

people traveling down Saturday morning meet at Wooley edge at 7-7.30am call in at Woodall to meet the others then it's travel down and stop at services if need be.

What do you all think and if times need changing then fair enough to suit the majority and we'll take it from there, so please feel free to comment and say times etc so we can get this ball rolling.

Golf Mk6 tdi
Don't forget the 20 miles or so of the M1 that is currently set to 50 MPH with average speed cameras. Maybe worth taking the A1 then A46?

clio 172, mondeo td
Open to ideas about which way is the best and where to meet, just thought if we get the ball rolling then people can add to the thread, nothing's set in stone so keep the ideas coming, although Saturday morning shouldn't be too busy as it early doors.

clio 172, mondeo td
I did look into this convoy but the more I looked at it we'd be coming down the m1 so it would mean travelling past billing to get to you to come back and I'm not sure people would want to do that but if there's interest I'm sure something could be arranged

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I didn't know if you'd be travelling along the A1 or not.
It seems like only the eastern parts of the country make sense for my route due to the M1 serving the west.

clio 172, mondeo td
Is there nobody travelling down to CSS? It's only a few days away and nobody's interested in a convoy?

AAS'D RB 182
I am mate, on the sat morning, when are you going? Only live down road from you if your in meltham??

clio 172, mondeo td
I'm working Friday night into Saturday morning so not sure I can do this if I'm honest, just thought there might be more people wanting to sort something out to go down Friday or Saturday in the region but obviously not

clio 172, mondeo td
Great stuff, although I'm working fri/sat I'm still thinking about coming down to this, not 100% sure yet but I'm going it some serious thought, anybody else coming for the convoy Friday or Saturday?

AAS'D RB 182
I may meet up with you guys at woodall although i wasnt planning on setting of so early as it doesnt start until 10.30!!! I will prob leave home about 7.30ish