ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSS 13 NW Convoy

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I'm going to CSS and was wondering if there is a convoy on the day (22nd June)

If not ill be happy to meet and convoy down with those intreated.

Jon.G and I won't be going to CSS as we're away, but if you need any help with sending PM's out to the NW members, or organising the convoy just give one of us a shout mate.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Jon.G and I won't be going to CSS as we're away, but if you need any help with sending PM's out to the NW members, or organising the convoy just give one of us a shout mate.

Cool ill figure out travel time etc and ill get back to you to message everyone in NW
Thanks matey

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd actually kind of forgot about this lol as the other thread just died I am not 100% sure if I am going yet as I've had to much to do at work last year it was kind of a last minute thing for me so I will see in a week or so.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Right its at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford Airfield, Duxford, Cambridge CB22 4QR. It will be held at June 22nd 10.30am till 4/5pm

I will be at
Knutsford M6 SOUTHBOUND Services for 6.20am to leave at 6.50am sharp (should give us plenty of time to get there)

It takes Roughly 2Hr 40mins to get there. will give us about 30min spare to stop off on way etc.

Link to Google maps of the route
http://goo.gl/maps/jgwRH

We will discuss the best route to take on the day i think M6 toll would be the best bet.

If anybody has any suggestions or if i have missed something please feel free to add. If anybody needs my number pm me.
Dependant on how may people are going to convoy down, Please put sat-nav next to your name so that we can get people there who don't own one.

1.Dolan

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
It will take me about an hour to get to you, I'll go down the M65 then onto the M6. If anyone wants to meet me along the way to Knutsford PM me and we'll arrange a place and time. :)

1.Dolan
2.Liamm (sat-nav)

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
I'm a maybe at the moment. Towed the car to the garage last night so awaiting the outcome of that, ill let you know. Fingers crossed though ill meet you at knutsford.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I am currently organising our NW convoy to meet up with West Midlands
I am speaking to Don who has welcomed us to join up.

Time there leaving is tbc

Where:

M6, Jct 3/4
Highfield Lane
Coventry
Warwickshire
CV7 8NR

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I honestly can't Believe that only two people from the northwest is going to CSS.

Come on guys, I know there's got to be a few of you going.

Convoys are great fun, and a good way to get some photos of your car on the road, as there is usually someone with a camera!

Lets get some names down!

1.Dolan
2.Liamm (sat-nav)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not going to be able to make it, it's the day after my best mates 21st night out and with me having to set off really early I'm not going to be fit to drive. Sorry guys!

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I'm not going to be able to make it, it's the day after my best mates 21st night out and with me having to set off really early I'm not going to be fit to drive. Sorry guys!

No commitment to cs unlike me :p

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
As I have already said to Dolan...you are more than welcome to tag along with us lot from West Mids. The time we leave Corley services is to be decided...but we are on the way down for you guys.

If you are intending on convoying down with us...make it known in here and if you can get your names on the list for West Mids, then we know how many people roughly to expect.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
1.Dolan
2.Liamm (sat-nav)
3. MWright

It was a last minute decision :p

My boss is being a **** and not letting me book Saturday off. I'm waiting on the other driver to see if he will cover my Saturday.
Fingers crossed ill get it off. It's only 3 hours also but won't finish till 12
Pissed off isn't the word.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Also we are going to leave same time to meet don at his convoy just after the m6 toll.

My boss is being a **** and not letting me book Saturday off. I'm waiting on the other driver to see if he will cover my Saturday.
Fingers crossed ill get it off. It's only 3 hours also but won't finish till 12
Pissed off isn't the word.

That's a bit of a bummer, hopefully luck will prevail.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I am still a maybe but I will more than likely be at work or Anglesey

RS Clio 182
I'm up for convoying down! Only just booked some tickets now. Will be staying at the missus' near Bolton so can meet at Knutsford if need be? This is my first CSS and believe the convoys are what it's all about! Just bought a 3M headlight kit and having the Yozza fitted on Saturday so she looks half-decent beforehand!

There seems to be a few leaving from the Midlands so maybe it'll pick up a bit there!?

Keep us posted,

Cheers.

Oggy

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm up for convoying down! Only just booked some tickets now. Will be staying at the missus' near Bolton so can meet at Knutsford if need be? This is my first CSS and believe the convoys are what it's all about! Just bought a 3M headlight kit and having the Yozza fitted on Saturday so she looks half-decent beforehand!

There seems to be a few leaving from the Midlands so maybe it'll pick up a bit there!?

Keep us posted,

Cheers.

Oggy

We are looking at about 20 currently, Dolan is meeting us at Corley Services. We will be leaving there at 08:45 prompt. So you should be fine in terms of travel time. Its 50mph between j8 down to j5 and variable limits from J10a down to j8. So it might slow you down a bit, but least it will be steady.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I'm gonna get there for 6.20 to leave at 6.50 sharp. It's About a hour and a half to don but I like to give some extra time.
Also thinking of going on toll so bring change think its £5.
Talk on the Saturday morning about that anyways.

RS Clio 182
Ok brilliant. I hope this is a free-for-all btw and I'm not just gatecrashing here? Just assumed the more the merrier etc etc...

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm gonna get there for 6.20 to leave at 6.50 sharp. It's About a hour and a half to don but I like to give some extra time.
Also thinking of going on toll so bring change think its £5.
Talk on the Saturday morning about that anyways.

Don't bother with toll...as you will not see much improvement in time for the £5.50 (I think it costs) early on a Saturday morning.