ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Areas day 21.9.14

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its a good run up there. There is a 'midway' point where we can stop and regroup. If the weather is good...even better and the fish and chips are awesome over that neck of the woods.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Best chippy there.

Capture_zps94847a3e.gif
Spot on. We went there...they're a bit hopeful of number 1 chip shop in Wales, but if you buy mini meals...they ask how many kids you have and give you lollies!!! Woo yeah!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
1. Don (either)
2. Ste Burns (either, but prefers Barmouth)
3. Whetty (either)
4. Mharvey (Barmouth)
5. Loz H (Barmouth)
6. Addicted (Barmouth)
7. sbridgey (Barmouth)
8. B00mer (Barmouth)
9. MartinR (Barmouth) (if not working)
10. cs_dave (Barmouth) give the rusty bus a run!
11. Mandy
12. cswalmsley (Barmouth) (although I'm sure I was helping the mrs move to uni that weekend, will double check
13. 1812lsd (Barmouth)
14. stokie4ker (Barmouth)
15.Boomerbang2006(Barmouth)

Ph1, Z4, TR3a, SV650
1. Don (either)
3. Whetty (either)
4. Mharvey (Barmouth)
5. Loz H (Barmouth)
6. Addicted (Barmouth)
7. sbridgey (Barmouth)
8. B00mer (Barmouth)
11. Mandy
12. cswalmsley (Barmouth) (although I'm sure I was helping the mrs move to uni that weekend, will double check
13. 1812lsd (Barmouth)
16. Barrie. (Barmouth)

Hopefully I should be able to come along. Moving back to uni this weekend though so depends how much I manage to get done on the saturday.

vinp182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182
1. Don (either)
3. Whetty (either)
4. Mharvey (Barmouth)
5. Loz H (Barmouth)
6. Addicted (Barmouth)
7. sbridgey (Barmouth)
8. B00mer (Barmouth)
11. Mandy
13. 1812lsd (Barmouth)
16. Barrie. (Barmouth)
17. Vinp182 (Barmouth)

Be my first CS meet :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Best chippy there.

Capture_zps94847a3e.jpg

Your not wrong there !!! :approve:

2003 172
1. Don (either)
3. Whetty (either)
4. Mharvey (Barmouth)
5. Loz H (Barmouth)
6. Addicted (Barmouth)
7. sbridgey (Barmouth)
8. B00mer (Barmouth)
11. Mandy
13. 1812lsd (Barmouth)
16. Barrie. (Barmouth)
17. Vinp182 (Barmouth)
Be my first CS meet :)
18. Big chris (Barmouth)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
1. Don (either)
3. Whetty (either)
4. Mharvey (Barmouth)
5. Loz H (Barmouth)
6. Addicted (Barmouth)
7. B00mer (Barmouth)
8. MartinR (Barmouth) (if not working)
9. cs_dave (Barmouth) give the rusty bus a run!
10. Mandy
11. cswalmsley (Barmouth) (although I'm sure I was helping the mrs move to uni that weekend, will double check
12. 1812lsd (Barmouth)
13. stokie4ker (Barmouth)
14.Boomerbang2006(Barmouth)
15. Barrie. (Barmouth)
16. Vinp182 (Barmouth)
17. Big chris (Barmouth)
18. Bradprice92

Sorry guys I can't make this anymore, got to go to my cousins wedding instead apparently :(

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Right,ok guys...One of my work mates who`s in a Mini club has asked me if its ok for him and some of his mates to tag along to this drive to Barmouth?

They usually do the drive there every year but work and other things have prevented them until now,they have all got modified mini`s,he even has his own website.

If you can all let me know if its ok then i`ll keep him informed when its nearer the time for actual meeting and at what time......thanks.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Bmw mini`s.....Their website is MiniFOO.com...if you want to take a look....havnt got a link...sorry.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Adam Ball is my work mate.....his car has had magazine features and all sorts,british racing green....with very....very..cambered front end.

Swift Sport
Yeah, if you're stuck behind a caravan or tractor it's game over. Only way to avoid it is to either pull over and let them go, or go early in the morning before the holiday makers set off.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Don what route will we be taking? Convoy coming through Shrews onto A458 or go through Much Wenlock, Church Stretton, Bishops Castle, Church Stoke to Welshpool. If it is the former, we could use Dinky's Dinah as a meeting point.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Don what route will we be taking? Convoy coming through Shrews onto A458 or go through Much Wenlock, Church Stretton, Bishops Castle, Church Stoke to Welshpool. If it is the former, we could use Dinky's Dinah as a meeting point.
I was thinking of meeting up at Telford Services M54 j4 and then down M54/A5 through Welshpool that way.

CursedTitanium 182FF
I was just thinking of the few people this end of the M54 that are in Shrewsbury or Oswestry area, instead of having to come up the 54 to the services, then backtrack, it would be better for us to wait at Dinky's for the convoy.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I was just thinking of the few people this end of the M54 that are in Shrewsbury or Oswestry area, instead of having to come up the 54 to the services, then backtrack, it would be better for us to wait at Dinky's for the convoy.

No worries...I just don't know where Dinky's actually is! :S

182 Whipppp
Yeah, if you're stuck behind a caravan or tractor it's game over. Only way to avoid it is to either pull over and let them go, or go early in the morning before the holiday makers set off.

As above ^^ I drive that way at least a few times a week to the mrs house, what a blag it is!!!:banghead:

Swift Sport
The main problem is, if we're in convy and come up against tractors and caravans there's little we can do about it. Overtaking will break us up and pulling over won't be easy with a dozen or so cars in tow. A logistical headache for sure!

CursedTitanium 182FF
I'm going to set up a public group on Glympse, so any latecomers can find our location. If we are following a lead car, might be worthwhile them setting one up also.
On the morning of the run I will update this thread with a link to the CS_Area_day_WM_ Barmouth_run Glympse.

Test: http://glympse.com/0BP9-KBDT Live for 30mins from 12pm.

Last edited: