ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Areas Day 14 (YORKSHIRE & HUMBER) 21.09.14

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
This is going to be a ClioSport.net national event with a twist! :)

The CS area reps (that are still active) have come together with the idea that EVERY AREA will hold a meet on the same day (Sunday the 21st of September 14) at the end of the season.

The main aim for this is to allow the people that could not attend the larger events this year for whatever reason to attend and hopefully these events will be closer to 99% of member’s homes than the other large events. :)

As YORKSHIRE & HUMBER seems to have lost its active area reps in the area I am looking for someone or a few people to step forward and sort the event out, I would say it needs to be someone or a few people from busy part/ parts of area though.

Preferably it would be someone or a few people who is very active on the forum and has time to be able to put in the graft to make this a success.

As this is going to be a national event all the pictures and write ups from every area will be coming together into one CS Areas Day 14 thread also :)

Any questions then fire me a PM

Cheers

Dan :)

clio 172, mondeo td
This is a really good idea, where would everybody call central? Or maybe we could get a company involved and meet at there place, and ideas?

clio 172, mondeo td
We'll get ideas down then, if this is going to happen in September then ideas need to be aired and everybody needs to know, so what are you thinking?

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
There's a place called the old post office which is jct38 of the M1 (Barnsley). There's also a nice place which is car friendly on the A64 to York called the buckles inn.

clio 172, mondeo td
Around York might be a good idea, if it's going to be central to yorkshire and Humber that could be centralish plus good road network for everybody to get to, I did think maybe we could try somewhere around the Leeds area, I know a few years ago I organised a meet at the white rose shopping centre and they were fine about when I contacted them about it, although they did say they had security on site and if we messed about they would tell us to leave but it all went well to be fair

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Yeah white rose is a good idea too. Plenty of space. I doubt there will be any dicking around as we aren't that bunch of people. We need to get ideas out there and see what people are saying. I don't mind contacting places to arrange it if people out ideas out there. We could do with somewhere with some good scenery nearby for photos maybe

clio 172, mondeo td
Some good points they, I thought there might be a few more ides by people if I'm honest, wonder if it would be an idea to contact rs tuning to see if they might be interested in hosting it at there place?

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Yeah I thought there would be a few more too. Yeah that could be a good idea. Close to motorway links too.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Have it at blyton park. That way people can book on the track day for £129 or just spectate. Loads of space as well. Granted, it's not particularly central but possibly worth travelling for a yearly event.

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
How do we publicise this a bit better as either people aren't getting to see this or they're not interested

clio 172, mondeo td
Is it on the Facebook page? Maybe try other renault sites to see if this could be put up in the Yorkshire region

clio 172, mondeo td
I guess it might be a case of starting small and working up? Maybe if we could get some traders there they could put the meet up on there websites also?

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd be up for this. Would need to know if it's definitely going ahead before booking though.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
What about allowing area reps to have signitures under the posts? Surely then people would see this when they post?

Its on the calendar and there are 12 threads with the same title, i think there is enough pointing people towards this event lol

clio 172, mondeo td
I guess this is part of the problem, how many people in this region have not seen this thread or don't use the regional sections, that's the people that we need to connect with and get them to this meet.

clio 172, mondeo td
This can certainly be an issue, does anybody fancy doing it or will spinksy keep doing it if he gets some more interest?

clio 172, mondeo td
Right I'm feeling assertive so I've sent a message to blyton park about hosting our Yorkshire cliosport meet there, I've asked about them hosting the event and track time etc and if there will be discounts if we can get decent numbers, when I hear something I'll let everybody know, hope this is ok but I guess the sooner we get a meeting point them the date, time etc can be advertised.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Right I'm feeling assertive so I've sent a message to blyton park about hosting our Yorkshire cliosport meet there, I've asked about them hosting the event and track time etc and if there will be discounts if we can get decent numbers, when I hear something I'll let everybody know, hope this is ok but I guess the sooner we get a meeting point them the date, time etc can be advertised.

Good lad. I think javelin own that day so doubt blyton would offer a discount but worth a shot.

In my experience getting money out of yorks members is like getting blood from a stone. I think we'd be better just paying the £129 through javelin and see what happens.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Agree with Leeds 182. Javelin will have rented Blyton so it's them you will have to approach for discount.

clio 172, mondeo td
Right ok, well I'll wait to hear back from them and then look into getting a message sent off to javelin, it's always worth asking the questions I guess

clio 172, mondeo td
I've had a response from blyton and it is a javalin track day, I've contacted them and when I get a response I'll let you know again.