ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crunchy Clutch

200 Gordini
At the bottom of the clutch its really 'crunchy'.

I've read WD40 could help to a certain extent so what are the best parts to spray?

Will new clutch cables make a difference? I was going to buy one for my 1.2 because they're not too expensive iirc

J

jakm15

id try wd on all the moving bits on the pedal (just not on the pedal lol) and if you can find the cable in the engine bay not sure where it is on my mk2 its at the front on the right handside halfway in the bay you could give that a sqirt, otherwise change the cable.

BMW M135i
Take the cable off the quadrant above the pedal to see if its the pedal assembly or the actual clutch/cable for a start. Cables a right hoot if thats what needs changing.

Although not really sure what you mean by crunchy.

200 Gordini
Take the cable off the quadrant above the pedal to see if its the pedal assembly or the actual clutch/cable for a start. Cables a right hoot if thats what needs changing.

Although not really sure what you mean by crunchy.

When pressing the clutch in, towards the bottom its not smooth and you get a crunchy/horrible feeling from it.

As for your first point, what should i be looking for?

Is it a bit sticky when you let your foot off the pedal? It kind of jerks the pedal Well it did for me anyway. I sprayed everything above the pedal with lubricant and in the engine bay I gave that a squirt. Seems better now but its not as smooth as id like :(

clio sport 197
duno if the 1.2s have them but its the sort of gear selection helper and it crushes like hell when is on it way out.

BMW M135i
Cable or its just the clutch tbh, mine used a get a bit sticky when it got hot after some start/stop traffic use.