ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crunchin in reverse

Skoda Fabia vRS

my car is crunchin in reverse badly, its not the usual Clio crunch bcos even if i select first, first, it still does it and its worse than that

it started to do it a few weeks ago and im pretty sure my clutch is on its very last legs, however i had the gear box oil changed and everythin was fine, however its now come back

has anyone ever used any additives for the gearbox that were any good, i can order the Slick 50 one from work afaik or i could get Molyslip/Wynns from Halfords

all i need is a solution for about 3 weeks, cos the GTT will be ready by then, but i dont wanna drive it like this really as i hate choosing reverse as it crunches really loud

could it be somethin else thats worn that i could replace cheaply ?.......ive been lookin in my Haynes and it says it could be a worn/damaged/incorrectly adjusted gear linkage, is this somethin i could have done/replaced reasonably cheaply

The clutch is probably dragging..not freeing and still rotating. If it happens in forward gears could be synchros going or linkages needing lubrication, you can get spray on grease which is quite good.

-Rob