ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cruise control

clio sport 182
just noticed my cruise control isnt working, when you press the switch in the lights activate on the dash but as soon as you let the butoon go it bounces back out, if you hold it in with your finger you can set the speed and you feel the speed change but again as soon as you let go it bounces out, ive only ever used the thing once so i might be doing someting wrong, any ideas

Better than yours. C*nt.
Are you still touching the pedals? That'll stop it.

Also noticed on mine that it stops working at a certain speed. Not a problem on the road though!

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mine never worked below 30mph. I think they're all like that but I could be wrong.
And touching any of the pedals while driving along will turn it straight back off, so you'll have to press the button on the steering wheel to set your speed again.

Clio 182, CBR600RR
are you talkin about the switch that isnt on the steering wheel? Cos if u are ive got a similar problem with mine. When i turn the cruise control (green light on dash appears) it stays on, but when i flick the switch the other way onto the speed limiter it pops back out again. If i hold the switch 4 long enough in the position it will eventually stay there, im not that bothered though cos i dont use that function. Mabe a new switch would sort it?

clio sport 182
yes, its definately some thing to do with the switch, as soon as it is pressed it just pops out again but if you hold it in you can use the steering wheel buttons and you feel it working, but as soon as you let go of the button by traction control button it pops out

'04 182
No need now, fixed it ! Took the switch out and just bent the springs that hold the switch in the on position. Works a treat now ! :D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
No need now, fixed it ! Took the switch out and just bent the springs that hold the switch in the on position. Works a treat now ! :D

Take a couple of pics as to what you've done...could be useful for others. :)

'04 182
After you remove the switch unit and take off the rocker switch ( it just levers off the pivoting lugs) On the top and bottom of the switch there is chrome --v- shaped springs, the v part catches on a similar slot in the rocker switch to hold it in the 'on' position. You'll see what I mean when you see it. After time, this v shaped spring must flatten out somewhat, and wont lock into the slot. You need to compress it a little to make a bigger V, if that makes sense. Do it a little at a time and replace the rocker switch back onto the lugs and test if it's holding. Repeat as necessary.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
After you remove the switch unit and take off the rocker switch ( it just levers off the pivoting lugs) On the top and bottom of the switch there is chrome --v- shaped springs, the v part catches on a similar slot in the rocker switch to hold it in the 'on' position. You'll see what I mean when you see it. After time, this v shaped spring must flatten out somewhat, and wont lock into the slot. You need to compress it a little to make a bigger V, if that makes sense. Do it a little at a time and replace the rocker switch back onto the lugs and test if it's holding. Repeat as necessary.

Cracking fella...worked a treat. :D

RS200. RS182.
Thumbs up to this fix. Bought 182 yesterday and it had same issue. 1min later, button fixed! Nice.