ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control. What's what?

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
I would have thought there's hardly any difference. I retrofitted cruise control into my wife's 172, and that entailed a different squib for the steering wheel to allow for the extra buttons on the steering wheel, extra buttons to turn on the cruise control where the ESP buttons and stuff are, and a switch for the clutch pedal. That probably all weights what, an extra 50 grams?

More weight saved skipping breakfast.

I would have thought there's hardly any difference. I retrofitted cruise control into my wife's 172, and that entailed a different squib for the steering wheel to allow for the extra buttons on the steering wheel, extra buttons to turn on the cruise control where the ESP buttons and stuff are, and a switch for the clutch pedal. That probably all weights what, an extra 50 grams?

More weight saved skipping breakfast.

Didn't think there was much to it, didn't know if there was a pump somewhere or something alike.

Not the worst thing cruising back from a track day :smile:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I much prefer the speed limiter to cruise control. Barely ever used it on any car, I'm just not keen on the feeling of the car running away from you. Fine at 4am when there's not a sole on the road but I found I had to concentrate even more with it on. It's not relaxing at all!

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I much prefer the speed limiter to cruise control. Barely ever used it on any car, I'm just not keen on the feeling of the car running away from you. Fine at 4am when there's not a sole on the road but I found I had to concentrate even more with it on. It's not relaxing at all!
Agreed, and constantly braking which means you have to turn it back on anyway. ACC would be nice however.

Since having Cruise in my 182 I have used it once and decided I didn't like it. That feeling of the car doing things itself unnerved me.

And as @Typhoon said, having to constantly brake because of Peugeot drivers is annoying!

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
it's annoying when someone can't hold a constant speed so you move over a lane to overtake marginally faster and the f***er speed matches you. Especially in average 50 zones.