ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control not works on 182

clio rs 2000
when i push the cc button i found that speed limiter works
but i cant give any speed to cruise control and it doesnt engages
what can it be the reason of it? fuse or etc.?
thanks for any help

Da

Less
Mine didn't work for a long time, finally worked out that it was because of the LED brake lamps. You haven't fitted any to yours have you?

i have LED brake lights. why would that stop it working? mine works during the day and stops at night. is this deliberate?

Da

Less
No, it'll be to do with the resistance. The CC monitors the brake light circuit and if no resistance is detected it assumes the bulbs have blown.

I have no idea why, but since I fitted my resistors mine works fine now.

Da

Less
Yeah it's a strange one but I think it's down to the fact that pressing the brake pedal switches the CC off, and if there's no resistance in the circuit then the UCH assumes there is a fault with the braking system and disables CC for safety.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Same problem as me mate.

I've tried new brake and clutch pedal switches, new buttons and now have just ordered a slip ring to try that.

If it still doesnt work i'll admit defeat and send it to renault :(