ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control Fault

Clio 172 Cup
My cruise control never worked when i bought my car. The other day, I was messing around with the buttons whilst driving on a long journey and it started working!!!

I found that when pressure was applied to the lower part of the steering wheel (bottom part of airbag, activates horn) coupled with pressing the cruise buttons, it worked. :eek:

But now that i removed my airbag to check for loose wires, everything looked fine. Replaced it all, and now it doesnt work at all. So it cant be the brake switch as people suggested, if it worked when i pressed the horn!!! Thats what many people said the fault would be.

Now im clueless as to what it could be.

Any ideas? I really want to get it working. HELP!!! :(

Clio 172 Cup
still not got this sorted yet, got to be the wires or something to do with the steering wheel :(

182 Cup
The wires to the CC controls are pretty simple. There are only a couple of areas that you could have a lose connection if it's the wiring in the steering wheels that's the problem.

The wires that are hidden in the wheel itself are well protected from any external influences so I very much doubt there is any problem there. You need to disect the button units themselves to get to the points where the wires are soldered to the circuit board switches - could be a lose connection there.

Alternatively it could be a problem at the other end of the wires where they plug in by the steering column. I've not had much of a play with this, but it looks like it could come apart! Check this thread for some images.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=422979

Hope you can find the problem.

Clio 172 Cup
The wires to the CC controls are pretty simple. There are only a couple of areas that you could have a lose connection if it's the wiring in the steering wheels that's the problem.

The wires that are hidden in the wheel itself are well protected from any external influences so I very much doubt there is any problem there. You need to disect the button units themselves to get to the points where the wires are soldered to the circuit board switches - could be a lose connection there.

Alternatively it could be a problem at the other end of the wires where they plug in by the steering column. I've not had much of a play with this, but it looks like it could come apart! Check this thread for some images.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=422979

Hope you can find the problem.

cheers! thats exactly the sort of thing i was looking for, just thought it would be odd to ask for a disected steering wheel lol. Sseing as mine doesnt work anyway, i might aswell have a play as cant make it any worse (or can i!!!??? :()

i want to marry you :)

is there a way of resetting the airbag light? it isnt on yet, but just incase i remove it and the light comes on? :( :)

It's A Reno
Do you know anyone else with an RS?
I would imagine that the easiest initial test would be a steering wheel swap to see if that remedies it.

Clio 172 Cup
Do you know anyone else with an RS?
I would imagine that the easiest initial test would be a steering wheel swap to see if that remedies it.

i dont know anyone else with an RS that has c/c, mostly 172's without it :(

the leather on mine is melted too :( renault are c**ts :eek:

Racing Blue 182 Cup
airbag ring in the steering wheel. Took mine to Renault and this is what was faulty. Replaced it and all was fine with the cruise control.