ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Criberts Cup

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
So had to scratch an itch I've been having whilst I await my Megane 275 lease.

Bought it quite randomly after stumbling across it here. Its in decent shape and I've always fancied a cup. Travelled down to Nottingham by plane and drove it back to Glasgow with no issues.

The car itself is in decent nick but the wheels were awful, that was my first port of call, had them refurbed and it improved the car no end.

As the car stands its completely standard bar a retrimmed steering wheel. Got the belts done not long after I got it and its running well, returning decent mpg too which is always nice.

I've bought a few bits and bobs for it so far and have a small to do list.

- bonnet replacement (already bought awaiting paint)
- full detail, few scratches here and there
- small front number plate
- lowering springs (haven't made my mind up about this one yet but it does need a drop)

Onto some snaps I took today

25200789839_07438afba0_c.jpg
IMG_3041 by chris D, on Flickr

25449839132_ae62f39858_c.jpg
IMG_3049 by chris D, on Flickr

25200846619_0cd60baac6_c.jpg
IMG_3051 by chris D, on Flickr

25272922120_b567ca388a_c.jpg
IMG_3054 by chris D, on Flickr

25568571835_68da533421_c.jpg
IMG_3060 by chris D, on Flickr

25542419946_8bb3f89c9a_c.jpg
IMG_3061 by chris D, on Flickr

25475819591_1b6c446efb_c.jpg
IMG_3067 by chris D, on Flickr

25449975722_2a5ddc564d_c.jpg
IMG_3064 by chris D, on Flickr

25475852891_283ee5a6f1_c.jpg
IMG_3058 by chris D, on Flickr

25568590045_a786dcc91e_c.jpg
IMG_3057 by chris D, on Flickr

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Cheers Danny. Due at the start of May. Will need to get a comparison with the ed30;) although I reckon yours will wipe the floor with the Meg!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I was thinking more because i want this lol. It looks in great nick! Will defo come over for a wee nosey when it arrives! It might do in a straight line but not around bends lol.

What options/colour did you go for?

You going to be keeping this lol....?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I've not really decided what I'm doing with it yet mate. Got a few options and @yeecup has already declared his interest lol. Trying to get my da to buy it and fling it round the track. Don't think I can afford to keep them both.

It's just a basic megane 275 cup s in flame red. Got a decent deal on it. Should be good fun

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Nice one Chris mate!

Suppose if its leased it doesn't really matter about options!

Aye i new he was looking for a Cup! This looks in fine order, i'm happy with the Phase 1, just always eyeing up the next one!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
To be honest I'm not really fussed about loads of options and fancy s**t. As long as the radio works I'm happy. Might buy recaros for it but the standard seats are actually not too bad. I'm easily pleased

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Thinking eibach sport lines for it but in all honesty I like the ride. It looks quite high but I don't want the ride ruined with springs. Any experiences?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sportlines ride really well IMO.

I also have a spare set....

Danny, saw the rapey mobile the other day and was chatting to the lads about it, she still loves it, seems to be keeping it very clean too!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Yeah get sportlines on it Asap,:cool: had them on all my 172s and they are awesome

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I love that. Proof that a cup is the best looking of the mk2's!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sportlines ride really well IMO.

I also have a spare set....

Danny, saw the rapey mobile the other day and was chatting to the lads about it, she still loves it, seems to be keeping it very clean too!

Glad to hear it! I spent an absolute fortune on it so nice to hear its being treated well! <3

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
tip top, looks nice and unmolested
Bosh some sportliness on it, i rate them, you wont lose the ride quality

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
A small update today. Ive been driving a courtesy Insignia for the last week or so. Someone banged into the back of the cup. Thankfully all it needed was a rear bumper. The bumper hadnt even cracked and I was really impressed how it held up. Also used the same bodyshop (Mitchell Inglis) for my new bonnet too. To say I'm happy is an understatement. The car is looking even better.

I should say on the insignia. What an absolute pile of crap. @gally did tell me not to take one but I thought, how bad can it be. It was a 2.0 cdti but I couldnt wait to get back in the cup. Gearbox, seating position, clutch, suspension, buttons/interface were all really poor. Couldnt believe how bouncy the suspension was on it. The cup rides miles better which I'm sure will surprise most. It also has an electric handbrake which was really a cheap effort. The VW one is lightyears ahead of it in terms of smoothness.

Onto some pictures of the bodywork. Only took them on the phone for now as it started to rain slightly. Will get some more in a better location.

25883354025_c4e2eb1eff_c.jpg
image by chris D, on Flickr

25788042221_3200da3527_c.jpg

25762545492_0b0e9eef89_c.jpg

25788418531_5b58b0c3da_c.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate. They have a high standard of work on the whole, I know plenty of guys including engineers who used to work there so you chose the right place!

If you need anything else mate don't hesitate to give me a text. Happy to help.

Oh and lolling at the insignia. They just match engine size usually but they are so so bad, the Astra and the Corsa imo match the current line up because they're all poor modern car but the Insignia is a hateful car. I've never known a family car to have such poor viewing range. From the A pillar to the rear of the car is a hazard imo!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It was woeful. The petrol cap broke too. Had to get the rac out to fix it. Took the guy 45 minutes to figure it out. Piece of s**t broke. 8000 miles and the petrol cap is fucked

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Oui! Ferrari 458 special edition, 2 x gt3rs 911s and a rolls Royce to name a few. Outstanding!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Aye it's a spot on job really. I'm as impressed as protek. Wasn't expecting as good as that but it was definitely comparable

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Previous owner had it done. I've had a snappy retrim and this one. Snappy was thinner. This one is thicker. Both decent quality though.

Mine doesn't have the thumb grips but it's a nice wheel. Snappys quality is second to none though. You can't go wrong with one