ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creeking steering column when weather hot!

Clio Trophy
I have a random problem. Since the weather has been warming up over last few months i have been hearing a creeking noise when turning the steering wheel. It started small but in the heat today it makes a right old noise. I assume the heat has made something expand? I have adjusted the height of the steering wheel but it makes no difference :mad:

anybody heard of this happening, is it dangerous?

Black/Gold 182!
Ive had the same problem, asked renault to look at it in my service and they said, they cant hear anything, must be bloody deaf.

Clio Trophy
guesty said:
Ive had the same problem, asked renault to look at it in my service and they said, they cant hear anything, must be bloody deaf.

what car do you have 172 mk2? did it fix itself?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i have dat problem as well i also get black bits of dirt i think by the side skirt i hope its dirt not tire tread.renualt checking it out next week so i let you know

Yup, I have the creaky steering wheel problem when the car has been sat in sun all day and it's gotten hot. Really irritating.

might not be your solution but i had a problem like this,if you look under the steering column where the rack goes through the bulkhead theirs a grommet that locates it in the bulkhead,that is what was causing my problem