ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

creeking springs

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Hi lads.

quick question - my springs keep creeking when i turn my steering wheel. i had cook sport springs on but changed them back to standard so not springs. anything else i can check i have pms top mounts. both springs are creeking.

Clio 182 trophy
I had this because of my pms topmounts, after a while of creaking it turned to a massive bang when i was taking the lock back off, the bearings had seized so wasnt keeping the top hat of the spring where it should have been, the bearings are about 25 pound each when i bought mine the other month

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I had this because of my pms topmounts, after a while of creaking it turned to a massive bang when i was taking the lock back off, the bearings had seized so wasnt keeping the top hat of the spring where it should have been, the bearings are about 25 pound each when i bought mine the other month

Sweet al order 2 and that should be the end of it :)

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy

How easy was it to change these and what torque setting u use ?