ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaky suspension on 182 FF Cup pack

Lotus Elise S2 111S
Hello!

Just a quickie, during normal driving, the beast is fine apart from the usual interior rattles and occasional buzz from exhaust.

But when I say, reverse on full right lock, off a drive or over a bump, the offside suspension creaks and groans.

Is this normal?? Worries me something isn;t bolted properly!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I had exactly same problem on my 52 plate 172 with 27k on it so went to dealer re this. They said it was a common fault which they could rectify by taking off front suspension top mounts and grinding some metal away. Apparently I was told that it was so common that Renault sent them a template to do this, and was caused by the mounts becoming dry. I thought this was very drastic so simply bought a tin of white grease in an aerosol and sprayed it around rubber front top mounts, trying to get it between metal and rubber. This stopped it instantly.