ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

creaks when i go over bumps??

1.4 clio rt
everytime i go over a bump in my rt, there is a creaking noise coming from the rear. was wodering if it might be something to do eith the suspension?

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Welcome to the world of clios, most of us get those creaks.

If there is a definite way of permanently fixing them a lot of people would like to know.

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Its the torsion bar. Thats how the torsion bar works, by twisting, and the sound you hear, is the sound of the twisting :)

If you remove ur rear seats, it gets twice as loud (as I found out) its perfectly normal, but if u want... perhaps you can go WD40 crazy...

-Akira

A Fast One!
a torsion bar shouldnt twist, its a rigid structure?! it will move with the camber of the road but thats it. i have torison beam rear suspension and there is no creaking at all.

i have not looked at the back end of the clio yet but from experience creaking comes from worn top mounts..... now i take it that the rear of the clio is a sprung mounted torsion beam without dampers? if thats the case there won't be any top mounts.

otherwise it could be rear bushes on anti roll bars or even worn rubbers on ball joints?

how old is the car? how many miles has it done?

unless i take a closer look at one tho i wouldnt be able to tell you a definitive answer.

Alex

1998 BMW e46 323i
i get a quiet creak at slow speeds, for instance when pulling up at the side of the road at lights or to park. My 172's suspension all looks fine, and my exhaust is new... Is doing my fecking head in.

Any ideas, or is it the torsion bar?

www.renparts.co.uk
john.med said:
i get a quiet creak at slow speeds, for instance when pulling up at the side of the road at lights or to park. My 172's suspension all looks fine, and my exhaust is new... Is doing my fecking head in.

Any ideas, or is it the torsion bar?

Mk 2's don't have a torsion bar mate. only mk1's

Volvo S60 T5
KDF said:
Thats what the volume button on your headunit is for ;)

LOL hence this

install.jpg