ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

creaking...

ph2 iceburg 172
hi
ive got a ph2 172 and recently its started creaking when pulling away. i sounds almost like the chassis is creaking. ive not got much mechanical knowledge but reading through common faults ect i think it maybe either gearbox/ engine mount, top mounts or front shock. i doesnt seem to do it when goin over bumps ect just when pulling away or accelerating hard.any ideas?

any help would be great
thanks

Lotus Exige, 182
Annoying isn't it. I had this, it's been solved by:

1. Greasing the front suspension platforms
2. Greasing the top mounts
3. Greasing the suspension mount
4. Lots of grease into the front anti-roll bar bushes.

Apparently the arb bushes dry out quite a lot, so if it comes back I'm going to get them changed as its a cheap job.

ph2 iceburg 172
brilliant, thanks. is greasing up thoughs parts just on car job or am i going to have to take it to a garage? as i say im not very mechanical haha

Just had this done on mine 182 it was anti roll bar bushes that need re greasing!!

Creaking whilst moving forward, pulling away and slowing down also when turning full lock either way

Rob.

ph2 iceburg 172
Just had this done on mine 182 it was anti roll bar bushes that need re greasing!!

Creaking whilst moving forward, pulling away and slowing down also when turning full lock either way

Rob.

yeh thats pretty much the exact "symptoms"
just the case of squirting abit of wd40 at the bushes or are they gunna have to come off?

Mine were removed regreased and refitted. I would be tempted to just spray lube all over them and see not sure if it will work though because of the type of grease used.

It cost me £50.00 something pounds to remove them and regrease, done by www.twotechs.co.uk

car drove much better after aswell the steering felt alot sharper!!

Rob.

ph2 iceburg 172
thanks. one finally question haha.

if they are gunna come off at the garage is there much point in uprating them or just stick with the old ones?