ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking when steering (Mainly right)

W

Willy

Hey

Noticed this for a few days now and its got much worse. When turning the steering wheel, mainly to the right i got a creaking noise like a rusty or old spring, or if you sit on a old sofa and you can hear the springs, like that.

no idea what it could be. anyone?

Clio 2.0 172
New Steering Rack by the sounds of things bud !
Happened to me too.. Cost me £100 fitted (Price included part) but i get everything done really cheap since i know the guys.

W

Willy

Crap.

fluid level is fine. gonna get my mate to have a look at it later though. Hopefully its not the rack though :dapprove:

any problems overtime if it is and id ont get it sorted?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Does it come from the rear of the car or from the front?

Let me know what it is as I get a creak on harsh turning from the rear...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Front outer anti roll bar bushes mate, thats what mine was.
Cost bout 12quid pair from reno. Grease new ones when you put em in, they dry out and crack thats what the creaking is :D

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Front outer anti roll bar bushes mate, thats what mine was.
Cost bout 12quid pair from reno. Grease new ones when you put em in, they dry out and crack thats what the creaking is :D

Sounds a cheap fix, but the noise is coming from the rear?

W

Willy

hi. Thanks

sounds like its coming from the front, exactly where the steering is.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
have a look under your car and check that your antiroll bar/bars havnt come out.

mine did this the creaking noise is it rubbing on the inside of your alloy.

if you have lowerd the car then im sure this will be the problem but have a look anyway

james

ClioSport 172 Cup
Mine was suspension related. Spring and strut top mis-aligned. Try loosening strut top with car on jack, turn the spring back and forth with your hand then re-tighten.