ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking steering wheel

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

i phoned my dealor and they were trying to tell me it might not be coverd under warranty!??

Are they doing it??

Apparently according to the RTE I should book it in for things like that as they can fault it and not for trivial things like a nackered gearbox.

Lee

BMW M2C

My 172 did it, and my 182 does it. It just sounds like the cowl on mine, especially as its worse when it gets hot. Yesterday on track at Silverstone I could here it through my helmet.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

its so bloody anoying, creaking just turn the stereo up lol!!

Ive booked it in so ill just have to hope!

Do you recon ill be ok getting it done under warranty then?

Lee

BMW M2C

Im sure when I asked about a creaking and rattling noise on my 172 they said it wasnt covered by warranty.

mines in for this tomorrow the parts turned up. "rotary switch" exactly the same symptoms, if the car had been in the sun for a while it was worse than ever :(

only taken a fortnight for the part so not to bad. (oh this is a warranty fix btw)

Squeaking and rattles are covered by warrenty until they cant solve them then theyre not from other peoples experiences.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Matlow- mine gets worse in the sun as well!! ive just spoke to the garage i got the car from and if renault dont do it under warranty there going to pay for it.

Nightmare!!

Mine did this, has it booked in, and they changed the air bag switch behind the steering Wheel, and no creaking noise now, and it was done under warranty.

Mine also does this, are is new 2004 spec and has always done it, even worse in hot weather! car is booked in for 14th this month for ther squeaky steering and cruise control that switches on even when switch is at off position!

[Edited by Cliodynamique16 on 06 September 2004 at 9:36pm]

Quote: Originally posted by RS182 on 06 September 2004

Mine did this, has it booked in, and they changed the air bag switch behind the steering Wheel, and no creaking noise now, and it was done under warranty.
sigh sounds like it may be a double visit to the dealers, bugger :(

mine done this a while back and it veried in volume with the temperature etc until it got to the fustrating point and I took it to the dealer, who found it was a problem with a rubber gaitor on the steering column, not sure what he did, if he wacked WD40 on it or whatever is for him to know, but the part was never replaced and I have never heard the noise again...

reet, the car was with the dealer for approx 2 hours and they changed the rotary switch. as this problem seems to be fixed by a different process each time i wonder how many fixs for this we can clock up between us if its a design fault on the clio ;)

anyway whatever they did seems to have worked for now so no complaints here.