ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking/squeaking when steering is on full lock.

Titanium 182
I've put it down to either the Brembo brake pads/disks that were fitted when I had my car MOT'd, or the CV boot gaitor they replaced.

The car was MOT'd back in April and has made the noise since - hasn't really bothered my that much but would be nice to get rid of it, especially if it's going to cause some damage!

I contacted the garage the day after saying the noise had developed, but they confirmed my beliefs that it would be the brakes bedding in and said give it some time - unfortunately I've been at uni up until now otherwise I would have gone back in and made them sort it. Now I'm back I'll pop down at the weekend, but I wanted to get your insight first so I can go in with the right information and not get them to foot me for another big bill!

Cheers guys!

Listerine & Poledo
Driveshaft?

If the boot was cracked / had slipped and had dumped it's guts then you could have been burning out the bearings, a new boot and greasing wont help

Titanium 182
Driveshaft?

If the boot was cracked / had slipped and had dumped it's guts then you could have been burning out the bearings, a new boot and greasing wont help

I think this is the most likely explanation tbh, cheers for your help guys! I'll update this thread once I find out for sure so people can use it as their own reference in the future :)

Listerine & Poledo
hope it's not the shaft thoguh, else you're staring down a bill the far side of £300 :(