ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

creaking noise

black ph2 172
hi guys ,when i turn full lock to the right and move slowly i get a really loud creaking noise coming from the front left wheel/ suspention. anyone know what this could be. and how much to put it right.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
hi guys ,when i turn full lock to the right and move slowly i get a really loud creaking noise coming from the front left wheel/ suspention. anyone know what this could be. and how much to put it right.

i have the exactly the same thing, havnt heard it since i got my track rod end done tho, but then again how often are you on full lock going very slow:)

Clio 200
^^ i thought the same as you danny but if you pop the bonnet and look how the top mounts are sitting, you will notice one sits at a weird angle compared to the other. thats what was causing the creaking on mine. The garage in motherwell stripped and rebuilt my struts and they have been fine since

Clio 200
depends how handy you are tbh mate, as far as i know they just stripped everything down checked it was ok rebuilt them and they have been fine since

Up rocks
TBH i dont think washers will solve creaking issues, try taking the top cap off and dropping some oil in there.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im okay (the old boys the brains behind the operation,i just hold the torch lol)

How noticeable is it to see if they are out of sync? I got both Coil springs changed in March for the MOT that mayby somthing to do with it maybe>?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
^^ i thought the same as you danny but if you pop the bonnet and look how the top mounts are sitting, you will notice one sits at a weird angle compared to the other. thats what was causing the creaking on mine. The garage in motherwell stripped and rebuilt my struts and they have been fine since

Ha! You were bang on mate, one of the mounts is slightly 'ajar' as it were, sitting slightly above the base of where it should be ill need to get that checked asap!

Clio MK 4
Had the exact same problem mate. Had my cv clip replaced which fixed it for a bit but then came back and eventually have the driveshaft replace which fixed it forever.

BMW bus
If its the same problem I had then its definately the top mounts. Only used to do it when I had it on full lock and was manoevuring slowly. Rentech sorted mine for about £40 and its been perfect ever since

Megane 230 R26
Has it always done it, and does it only creak on full lock or does it knock or creak at all in straight lines?

Mine started creaking when steering at low speeds and creaking/knocking when doing <30mph in a straight line, loads of people said top mounts as it's so common but it was the bottom ball joint on the offside front suspension, Renault replaced the entire bottom arm under warranty.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If its the same problem I had then its definately the top mounts. Only used to do it when I had it on full lock and was manoevuring slowly. Rentech sorted mine for about £40 and its been perfect ever since

Thats the exact problem i have, the top mount seems to have come ajar (slighty more angled than the other side).

Can the problem be sorted without new parts? it looks to me like its just came loose. But then i suppose fixing it with duck-oil and a torque screw would be too easy a fix for a Renault:dead:

BMW bus

Thats the exact problem i have, the top mount seems to have come ajar (slighty more angled than the other side).

Can the problem be sorted without new parts? it looks to me like its just came loose. But then i suppose fixing it with duck-oil and a torque screw would be too easy a fix for a Renault:dead:

I'm not sure what the exact problem was, all I know is Rentech said it was a common fault with all the RS Clio's, something to do with the topmounts needing adjusting/grinding down. I was in for a service anyway so they did it for an extra £40 iirc.

Maybe give them a bell dude and see what they say?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Id love too mate but there a bit far for me a think, ill let the old boy have a gander and see what he says, hes right 99% of the time so i trust him lol

BMW bus
Id love too mate but there a bit far for me a think, ill let the old boy have a gander and see what he says, hes right 99% of the time so i trust him lol

Yeah, just noticed you're up in Scotland - bit of a trip to Rentech just to sort your topmounts maybe!

Mike from rentech is a member on here, you could always drop him a pm for his opinion on it, he's a good bloke so I'm sure he wont mind

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Yeah, just noticed you're up in Scotland - bit of a trip to Rentech just to sort your topmounts maybe!

Mike from rentech is a member on here, you could always drop him a pm for his opinion on it, he's a good bloke so I'm sure he wont mind

Heard alot of good things from rentech aswell:(

Whats this guy Mikes user name? I might drop him a PM then see what he says, im sure its a simple fix to be honest both coil springs were changed at the last MOT and im sure somthing hasnt been tightened or somthing properly. The car runs fine, but as said slight creaking symptoms make for a worried reno owner lol

BMW bus

Heard alot of good things from rentech aswell:(

Whats this guy Mikes user name? I might drop him a PM then see what he says, im sure its a simple fix to be honest both coil springs were changed at the last MOT and im sure somthing hasnt been tightened or somthing properly. The car runs fine, but as said slight creaking symptoms make for a worried reno owner lol

I think its Mike@Rentech

Good luck mate!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ill speak to the old boy first and see what he reckons, from what i can see the coil spring hasnt been fitted properly. To be honest he cant be arsed fixing things now hes been off the tools for a few years now...

Whats the name of this mob in motherwell matey?