ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking coming from offside front

ph1 172
My car seems to have developed a creek.

sounds like its coming from the front drivers side.

its most obvious when going over speed bumps, but also occurs when turning the steering wheel left and right.

Does anybody have any kind of clue what might be thr problem?

Thanks, Alex.

ph1 172
nope. had the spring checked out.

garage sprayed some grease on the bush i think, but its still creaking.

Clio Sport 182
I have a 4 year old 182 with the cup pack, its done 25k and i think i'm suffering from the same creak.
I'm getting my tyres swapped at the front soon so i'll be asking the garage about it. Just need to decide if i stick with the same tyres that it came with or try some new ones?

Clio Sport 182
Sorry mate, i'm completely clueless when it comes to this sort of thing, are saying i need to replace my rubber top mount (whatever that is?) with v6 washers (again whatever they are?)??

thanks

Vw caddy tdi
V6 clio's have same top mount assembly but use a large diameter 3mm thick washer to space/raise the rubber mount out of the body so it dosent creek. Try a search on v6 washers yozza sport supply apparently, but got mine from Rollo with ph2 flamer on cs.

Clio Sport 182
Thanks for that, i've just found yozza sport site and they have some strut top washers at £10 if thats the ones?
How much do you think it is to get these fitted?
My car is getting some new tyres tomorrow on the front so I'll ask in there about it.

Thanks again.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Front outer anti roll bar bushes mate thats what mine was . they dry out and make the creaking noise swop em or take em out they easy to do and cheap from reno . wont be the washers these stop the knocking noise not the creak .

ph1 172
ah right. i just took it to another garage and the guy didnt really know for sure what it was. he greased up the bushes and bolts round that area. gunna giv it a week or so to see if it goes if not ill take it back and suggest that..

Clio Sport 172
Front outer anti roll bar bushes mate thats what mine was . they dry out and make the creaking noise swop em or take em out they easy to do and cheap from reno . wont be the washers these stop the knocking noise not the creak .

you got a pic of were these are?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
No mate sorry not got a pic. If you take the wheel off they are easy to see, they fit on the ends of the front anti roll bar, where it joins the radius arms.
They are like a small rubber cup that fits over the end of the anti roll bar. Easy to swop think they cast me bout £12 the pair from reno.
You might need to take em off too grease em proply tho but if you do that mite as well swop em for what they cost you can put some grease on the new ones too. Let me kno if this cures it tho cos it took me ages to suss out what it was !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ph1 172
just to let u know... i had the bottom ball joint on the same side as the creaking replaced last friday at a cost of £115, and so far i havnt noticed the creaking since