ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashing / Blue Screens .. PSU ?!?!?!?!

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
My Own-Build system is suffering pretty badly at the moment from Blue screens and freezing....

I have a feeling it might be that the PSU is underpowered for the rest of the system, but let me know what you think...

AMD XP64 7750 Dual Core @ 2.71 ghz

4GB Corsair Dominator RAM @1066mhz

Seagate SATA 500gb Hard Drive

4 Cooling fans including 3 for the Corsair RAM (came with it)

DVD RW...

the PSU is a 450Watt Budget Winpower job...

any thoughts ?!

M2 Competition
Sounds like PSU to me. Thats a hell of a lot of things/ fans you have running from a 450 watt budget jobby.

Cupra
I would have thought that 450W was enough to be honest, unless it is a really crap one that does not do as advertised.
I have a 500W Enermax powering an overclocked C2D, 4GB of RAM at 2.1V, 4 x hard drives, a 4870 graphics card (needs 2 power cables), 4 x case fans and have never had a issue with it.

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Really can't figure this one out !

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=849&category_id=264&manufacturer_id=0&tid=n/a that's the PSU, el cheapo

Running on board sound / gpu etc.. tried running with no external devices...

Tried running on 2 OS (vista 64 bit with correct drivers) and XP 32 bit with correct drivers...

The PSU is pretty damn hot to the touch, but i'm guessing this is normal ? Doesn't smell or anything... tearing my hair out with this as both partitions are totally blank other than the seperate OS's... agh !

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the PSU shouldn't be hot at all, I can touch mine when its been on for hours and its cold to touch. I'd invest more than a tenner on the PSU to be honest.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
PSU should be fine with that tbh unless its awful! Saying that though ive had a super bugdet 350W run a Core 2 Duo overclocked to 3Ghz, 2Gb of DDR2, an overclocked 8800GT, 2 Sata drives & a DVDRW.