ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash & insurance question

275 Trophy
This happened recently, girlfriend driving & i was in the car too; it's her car but my insurance policy (tpft) with her as a named driver.

I have a claim in and had an independent report done which unsurprisingly has written it off. Question is, do I have to tell my other insurance company (for the 172) about this? It's with a different company entirely. Will they ever know?

Attachments

• 08122009093.jpg
    08122009093.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 08122009091.jpg
    08122009091.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 08122009092a.jpg
    08122009092a.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 77
  Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
that doesnt look that bad tbh,

& yes you will have to tell other insurance because you had another policy on another car, so its the same

Btw are those Ugg boots in the third pic?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
ahh though it was you in the ugg boots lol,

best if you tell the insurance and see what they say, it may go up but since you wernt driving im not sure

275 Trophy
Girlfriend pulled up to the back of him (a little too close), he tried setting off and rolled back into us. We were stationary. I could see what was about to happen and told her to let the car roll back, but she just said "what?", then the crunch.

If I don't inform them (insurance company on 172) will they ever know?

Da

Less
Yes, it's called a failure to disclose and will void your policy.

All the insurance companies 'share' information on the database.

275 Trophy
Great. And undoubtedly my premium will increase? Not bothered about the policy on crashed car, already canceled.

?
So it came off his insurance? In that case you have to let your insurance companies know (both of them) but doubt it would affect your premium (non-fault) much, if it all.

Also - How much is the car worth? Damage doesnt look too bad or has it buggered up stuff under the bonnet?

275 Trophy
It will come of his insurance yeah. Just wasn't sure I had to tell other company for an entirely different car for a none fault accident when I wasn't even driving. Seems a little harsh. Engineer valued car at £2,000, but I guess that's standard now as it 10 years old, valid MOT and scrapage scheme. Done a fair amount under bonnet, rad & fan, top cross member, light, bumper. Still drives though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If it does increase then question it, you'd be surprised where you get by questioning things.

It's non fault so it shouldn't increase.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
If it does increase then question it, you'd be surprised where you get by questioning things.

It's non fault so it shouldn't increase.

Mine has, non-fault and fully paid out by other insurance company, but elephant have increased my premium for next year. Needless to say I am changing insurance company!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But I bet you didn't question it.

If you had asked why has it increased and they said it's because you had a claim on your policy that is wroong