ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crap powerflow exhaust please help

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
hi guys bought a powerflow exhaust (wish i had not) it is so loud you can hear it from well far. it makes my car crap to drive as you can hear nothing but the exhaust. ashford motorsport in dover who fitted it a week ago say that is normal as my car has a big engine and clios have not much carpet.
i think this is crap and they think i am being fussy.

before they put it on i said i dont want it loud i want a quite one and not to put it on if it is going to be loud

they got rid of my standard one with out even offering it back

it moves so much it hits the bumper and wheel well they say this is because there is no where to put a second mount

they say that clios dont have room to put a quite one on is this true

does anyone have one that is not to loud

can i get a refund or anything

how ripped

clio 200 F4Rt
sorry to say mate, but Powerflow are utter rubbish.

i doubt they will refund you, as there is nothing wrong with thier system. its just shi_t from the start!

oooooooooooooooops and powerflow get good reviews normally .

sorry chap ...............u been done :S

Chocolate Bar™
all you can do is ring powerflow directly (they wont do anything, as the contract lies between you and the dealership) however they may agree to come to a deal about having it 'fixed' at another dealership.

they could install a (or a couple) inline silencer to reduce the noise down, and they can definetely create new brackets on the back to support the extra weight.

does seem like you've come across a crap powerflow dealer though

Chocolate Bar™
fmp_ said:
good reviews?? i must of missed those!

cant tard them all with the same brush.

my local powerflow dealer is excellent. some people rubbish the quality of the stainless - but your hardly paying a top wack price

R

rich[182]

the good review was in a recent maxpower.................that says it all

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a powerflow on my old 172 . Absolutely nothing wrong with it , People who say they are crap are talking utter crap .

As Kullycliosport says , it all depends on the powerflow outlet who fabricate your exhaust .

I had mine done at Burnley , top quality job , Before they welded the back box on they asked me how i wanted it to sound , they tried on various back boxes until i was happy with it .

As to the exhaust mount . They cut off the original on the car ( stupid renault one ) , made a complete new one , the back box only had one bracket to hang on and it was bob on , never moved , banged the bumper etc....

Can't fault em . £270 fabricated and fitted . I know where i'll be going again when my 182 exhaust goes titsup .

If you want your old exhaust back after they fit the new one you should tell them beforehand .

MRBILLYUK said:
I had a powerflow on my old 172 . Absolutely nothing wrong with it , People who say they are crap are talking utter crap .

As Kullycliosport says , it all depends on the powerflow outlet who fabricate your exhaust .

I had mine done at Burnley , top quality job , Before they welded the back box on they asked me how i wanted it to sound , they tried on various back boxes until i was happy with it .

As to the exhaust mount . They cut off the original on the car ( stupid renault one ) , made a complete new one , the back box only had one bracket to hang on and it was bob on , never moved , banged the bumper etc....

Can't fault em . £270 fabricated and fitted . I know where i'll be going again when my 182 exhaust goes titsup .

If you want your old exhaust back after they fit the new one you should tell them beforehand .

said like it is .......................;)

MRBILLYUK said:
Straight to the point me mate , lol ;)

u cant tell some ppl though about powerflow , anyway i think he needs to go back to him and complain like hell , which wont help .

then he needs to go to another franchise and get it done properly :eek:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
kullycliosport said:
u cant tell some ppl though about powerflow , anyway i think he needs to go back to him and complain like hell , which wont help .

then he needs to go to another franchise and get it done properly :eek:

Well if its moving about and hitting the bumper then he has a case . If its just too loud i doubt they will do anything .

Weird how he's having the problem with the bracket , the guys at Burnley just knocked up bracket , welded it in more or less the same place as the original and that was that . Sounds like these guys don't have alot of experience to be honest .

Clio Campus Sport
Richard clio cup said:
before they put it on i said i dont want it loud i want a quite one and not to put it on if it is going to be loud

im studying law at the mo, and yeh u get can refund/exchange.

reason: the good isnt fit for your purpose (being too loud)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
ck_dark_ said:
im studying law at the mo, and yeh u get can refund/exchange.

reason: the good isnt fit for your purpose (being too loud)

Stating the good aren't fit for pusrpose ( sale of goods act ) might be all well and good in the world on consumer goods , but to say that its not fit for purpose because it's too loud would be a different ball game i think .

Define loud ? One persons loud isn't always necessarily another persons loud .
He would have to prove that he said he didn't want it too loud , in which case he would have known how loud it was as soon as he jumped in the car to set off home .

He does have a good and valid case about the poor quality of fitment though .

Maybe the guys at Powerflow will change the back box , the only way he will find out is if he goes down there , is civil with them and explains the problems .

A clio
ive been to the swindon powerflow dealership before and never had a problem with them. I wouldnt say they are s**t, ur just unlucky

Nippy white cup
I have said this loads of times...definatley down to the individual branch....people on the civic forum have travelled hundreds of miles (probably past nearer powerflow fitters) to get theirs done. As Billy said they usually ask how you want it and change it accordingly but tbh if you are going to get a performance exhaust you can`t expect it to be quiet...especially with the minimal (if any!) sound deadening on the cups. ANd the last time I went they looked at mine (had not been fitted spot on so the sorted it in 10 mins) he mentioned that it was an older one as the use a higher grade of SS now so that should help them too

Chris

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Surely if it's moving around then it's been fitted faulty and therefore along with it being too loud when you requested it not to be too loud before fitting, gives you the right to a refund. But then that will leave you without a zorst as you dont have the standard one to put back on.

I would take ring it back and give them the chance to remedy the problem buy putting an additional silencer on and sorting the mounting out. If they are not willing to fix it then demand a refund.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^ off topic, but why don't you make a 172 version, surely it wouldn't take much to maybe modify your nice 182 version?

RenaultSport clio 182
i got the janspeed stainless exhaust from k-tec does the job perfectly makes sound like it should (rather than a boy racer with a 1.1 u can hear three miles away) it has a nice sporty sound to it recently added the sports cat aswell makes it sound even better

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
fmp_ said:
lol, i wouldnt call a powerflow a performance exhaust!

What would call it then ? What would you call say for example a magnex or prospeed ?

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
thanks for the help guys must be a crap dealer bye the way just so no one goes there its ashford motorsport in dover they are also called speed shop

williams and trophy
again.like chris.....id say its down to the dealer who fitted it as to the uality of the zorst from powerflow.

iv had the 1 on my williams for 3+ years now...never had any trouble at all...and had one fitted to valver before that too, 2+ years, again no trouble......both were fitted in burnley tho......which seems to be probly one of the best recommended ones.

id take it back n tell em tho mate tbh....spesh if its knockin etc,...sounds like a bit of a dodgy dealer to me.

Agree totally with this,

Had mine fitted at burnley on my old 1.4 and it was spot on. Also been back there when i had problems with some wheels i had and they sorted me out no probs. Top lads down there. Cant knock powerflows just cos of a few dodgy dealers, thats like saying all renaults are s**t just cos a few of us have problems with some of the dealers.

Shorty

Nippy white cup
fmp_ said:
lol, i wouldnt call a powerflow a performance exhaust!

Lol you know what I mean. I`m sure there are many Cups with hayward and scott this and prospeed that but in all honesty what makes them performance exhausts? Maybe better quality but performance wise I`ll have a go against any cup with the same mods as mine but with an imo overpriced exhaust and see if it is worth the money...3 years out of mine is worth the £250 I paid...what is it for the big boys...350-400? Maybe if you were running a super tuned race car but for what 99% of the people her use them for I don`t think it would make any difference...bit of badge snobbery imo..sounds better if you say you have a Hayward and Scott rather than a lowly Powerflow!

Chris

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I would imagine that they will say it is a lifetime guarantee for the car for " that " owner on the receipt . My mate had a similar issue a few years ago with a scorpion exhaust .

I'd go and see em , and blag it . Tell them that your the guy on the receipt , they must have done hundreds of exhausts since so its not like they will remember your face , if they need your contact details tell them you've got a new address .

What have you got to loose ??

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I can't really see them asking for id. Plus the receipt says cash sale so they probably haven't even put it through their books.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I can't see em askin for id either really . You might as well give it a try .

172 Cup 2003
took mine to powerful in aylesbury to a guy called Ant. he asked how loud and what sort of engine note i wanted i told him and he delivered spot on!!

they've done quite a few sports and they will always take it back and sort anything out if your not 100% happy.

gotta bear in mind POWERFLOW are a franchise so most are pants but some are the mutts nutts