ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crap MPG and temperature problems !

AB Clio 182 FF
So i have a few problems with my 182 :

1. my mpg is really crap getting like 25-27mpg and other people say they are getting like 30-35 mpg , i have a full scorpion exhaust with decat, itg panel filter , and rs tuner performance map, i dont understand why my mpg is so low

2. i have recently noticed that its taking forever for my car to get to normal operating temperature, it takes me 15 mins for me to get to work in the morning about 10 miles , through country lanes then on the dual carriageway , and even when i get to work its still not reached opearting temperature

any ideas on what these problems are ?

thanks

So i have a few problems with my 182 :

1. my mpg is really crap getting like 25-27mpg and other people say they are getting like 30-35 mpg , i have a full scorpion exhaust with decat, itg panel filter , and rs tuner performance map, i dont understand why my mpg is so low

2. i have recently noticed that its taking forever for my car to get to normal operating temperature, it takes me 15 mins for me to get to work in the morning about 10 miles , through country lanes then on the dual carriageway , and even when i get to work its still not reached opearting temperature

any ideas on what these problems are ?

thanks

I think the mpg is about right mate with a decat etc, i have a full k-tec with cat in and i get around 25-27 around town and 30-40 on a run with the cruise control , but the decat and map will bring that down for sure !

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
found it , sprayed with wd-40 will see how it goes

Serious? You may as well replace it for the cost. Those sort of figures would say to me that the car is running on the cold map for too long. The car is probably up to temp but it isn't reading that.

What do you expect WD-40 to do to it? It's not miracle spray.

AB Clio 182 FF
Serious? You may as well replace it for the cost. Those sort of figures would say to me that the car is running on the cold map for too long. The car is probably up to temp but it isn't reading that.

What do you expect WD-40 to do to it? It's not miracle spray.

jus wanted to check it wasnt a dodgy connection etc , i am planning on getting a new sensor , but as it was after 5 yesterday when i actually had chance to look no where would of been open