ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crankshaft pulley

Hi guys,
I need your help.
I removed timing belt yesterday on my clio 172 ph2 and i noticed that locking pin (woodruff key?) is missing. After that i did a little bit of research and it's turned out that it doesn't have one.
Is this true? And if it is, how much torque should be applied to crankshaft pulley bolt? Because there is no cone on pulley or crankshaft and there is no locking pin, I never saw it before.

Best regards

182 clio
no doesn't have pin torque settings are available on here somewhere.
Do a Google Search that way you will find it easier.

The Megan pulley does have the key and is a straight swap. A worthwhile preventative measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From witch engine does it fit?
Is it straight swap or i need to change something else on the engine?
Thanks in advance

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Pure Mototsport sell the pulley. Worth doing if you’ve got it apart. Prevents timing slipping if you over rev.
Seen plenty bend valves this way. Especially on track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys can you please tell me from which engine in the Megane does it fit? Or is this aftermarket pulley?
Thanks in advance

I wouldn't bother tho doubt your car has many bent valves without it ?
Or if your turboing then consider
I know but it's just don't look right to me. There is no cone and there is no locking pin it's just looks like it's matter of time when it's gonna slip and then it's major engine surgery. Either way i just wanted to know from which engine does it fit so i can consider once more what to do. I agree with you that it shouldn't be a problem but when I am already in this faze I could easily replace it.
Thanks once more to all of you for answers.
Cheers

182 clio
I know but it's just don't look right to me. There is no cone and there is no locking pin it's just looks like it's matter of time when it's gonna slip and then it's major engine surgery. Either way i just wanted to know from which engine does it fit so i can consider once more what to do. I agree with you that it shouldn't be a problem but when I am already in this faze I could easily replace it.
Thanks once more to all of you for answers.
Cheers
If it's peace of mind your after replace if it makes you feel better.
the Meg 225 pulley and key fits.
struggling to see your point though if your car has got his far without it really.
Just an added cost to your belt change.
in reality if you where per say going to go the full hog an turbo it is see your point or on the flip side andf you change gear and don't know 4th from second or 3rd from 1st by all means I would recommend doing this but if like me you know how to change gear then leave as is as mucht will only cost extra money with no real benefit!

struggling to see your point though if your car has got his far without it really.
in reality if you where per say going to go the full hog an turbo it is see your point or on the flip side andf you change gear and don't know 4th from second or 3rd from 1st by all means I would recommend doing this but if like me you know how to change gear then leave as is as mucht will only cost extra money with no real benefit!
Thanks for reassurance. I agree with you, and I know how to properly change gears. I will think about it, just wanted to know which pulley will fit. First of all I will check how much money would this upgrade gonna be.
Cheers

dan's cast offs.

I've seen dozens of cars that have had valve damage not long after a belt change that haven't had bottom bolt torque properly.

For the cost of one if someone doesn't mind paying then it's worth it even just for piece of mind.

dan's cast offs.
Doesnt stop people plus autodata are wrong on the belt details for them so not always the person holding the spanners fault.