ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank, but no start? Then backfire and start?

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Engine was turning over fine. Ended up pushing the car around a car park like a melt for 15 minutes trying to bump start it. Gave up and tried to start it once more on the off chance and it backfired big time and started?

Any ideas?
Looking around Im lead to believe it could be a coil pack? but is there anything else I could do to troubleshoot this?
I haven't meddled with the car at all and has been in perfect working order.

Thanks for your time,

Sam

renault clio 1.4 16v
if it was working fine before and then suddenly did this then id go through all the earth straps, relays, fuses and connectors and give me all a clean... plug corrosion causes a host of problems, when coil packs die the engine will still run, be it on 2 cylinders... where there any warning lights on the dash when it wasnt starting?

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
if it was working fine before and then suddenly did this then id go through all the earth straps, relays, fuses and connectors and give me all a clean... plug corrosion causes a host of problems, when coil packs die the engine will still run, be it on 2 cylinders... where there any warning lights on the dash when it wasnt starting?

The only light that appeared was the traction control light, flashed on and off a couple of times and at that point I always stopped because I didnt want to flood the engine

renault clio 1.4 16v
hmm, sounds like a lose connection to me, common one is the white plug in the engine bay fuse box, no harm in going through them all though