ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crail Thrash 02/03/08

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Thought I'd post the pics i took of the thrash this week end.

pretty good turn out and the weather was OK, abit damp so the runs weren't spectacular, but there was a few surprises mainly the sheds which smoked alot of cars, like the Subaru legacy estate, must have been turbo-ed, because it flew, then there was the gold 106 gti, which was getting stick form the announcer because the body kit appeared to have been mounted with some form of toothpaste, and so had bits falling off and what had fell off was re-secured with cable ties. again it was a wee rocket.
There was a big turn out form seatcupra.net, and some nice cars not my cup of tea but i could appreciate them, Alan had a tussle with a ibiza cupra FR driven by apparently the fastest girl in Scotland. i couldn't make out who won because the finish dips below the horizon and the read out on the start was too dull. mind you according to the announcer Alan was running a 182.
Ians 106 suprised a few folk and held its own, epecially on the road up, looked like it was on rails throught the corners , only the ford transit abmbulance gave him a run for his money in the twisties.

There was also some drifting going on, not very good drifting but they tried think i got a couple shots of that but they were about a 1/8th of a mile away.

All in all it was a good day, especailly the chips in anstruther.

i'm still uploading the few (poor) vids i took, and please excuse the dodgy photos i'm still getting used to the cam.

Crail Thrash

ROss

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
times i done know dunno you could barely see the read out. when we were ther there were only 2 1*2s some guy i dunno who he was has a 172, with white turinis ( not rufus) and col182's 182.

but no one was getting great times, the track was too damp.

clio 182 FF
I ran a 14.7 last time up at crail never again will I put my car under that kind of stress ever again had to replace a clutch soon after it what a bugger that was :(