ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cracked windscreen

Racin Blue 182
Was driving down the M61 today and windscreen was hit by a stone the size of Australia! Needless to say it's cracked the windscreen.

Firstly I thought insurance but has anyone had the windscreen on a 182 replaced? Whats the score with the sensors behind the rear view mirror and also the security etchings?

At the moment, the crack is relatively small - still below the line of the wipers and if it's a load of hastle I'll probably leave it alone if the crack doesn't increase.

Any advice appreciated guys

Focus ST
I was wondering how much it would be to replace a 182 windscreen with the rain sensors. Had a couple of stone flicked up recently but luckily only caused tiny chips out of line of sight.

106 GTi
Your existing rain sensor will be used, for the 50 -75 odd quid it will cost you to get it done on your insurance I would do that. To buy a screen out right wont be cheap as it has a UV coating.

Mégane RS
RAC auto windscreens will do it for £50 iirc, insurance pays for it but it doesnt count as a claim. the crack will prob increase over winter

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Lucas said:
I was wondering how much it would be to replace a 182 windscreen with the rain sensors. Had a couple of stone flicked up recently but luckily only caused tiny chips out of line of sight.
There is a windscreen repair kit out that will fill the chip and look like new, try Halfords or nearest window specilist.

Mégane RS
Yeah i think you might have to be FC, most insurance companys do it as its a safety issue or something like that, thats what they told me anyway

Ford Fiesta
to get the etching done contact ISR they will send you a stencil kit with your coding on it.
Make sure if you do get a new screen it is the corrct coloure done. Ive heard of some ending up with the brown tints instead of the blue ones that the clios have standard.

Ask for a renault supplied screen.

Racin Blue 182
Cheers guys, I don't want someone replace the screen and **** up the sensors etc.
The insurance covers the replacement of the screen with an excess of around £60 without affecting claims history on a fully comp policy.

Liam, cheers mate I'll check that it's the correct colour.