ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cracked steering wheel grip

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
:S the rubber on my steering wheel grips have cracked and split in half at the back.

I noticed the rubber was lifting a few months ago but i am sure the heat must have done somethin.

If anyone knows where i mean, have you had that prob?

can i buy rubber grips or would i have to replace whole steering wheel?

:star:
tanx peeps!
:eek:

106 GTi
Worth doing a quick search loads of thread on here at the moment.

It will need a whole new wheel, which some have had done under warrenty.

VW ....
common problem .... never happened to me personally but i think lots have managed to get replaced under waranty .... i'm sure others will be able to answer better .

172cup
my wheel is currently without the rubber grips... i ripped them off one day i was pissed off with them. They split in about 30 different places. Cheap crap.

Still looking for a new s/wheel.

R26
Yeh mine cracked and split then disintegrated all in the matter of 48hrs a few weeks ago. I went to Renault and spoke to them - they said they would change it under warranty. However, when the car came back they have changed the outer circle (main part of the wheel) but left the center piece from the old wheel - problem is - the center piece looks worn compared to the wheel. FFS I can't decide whether to complain and say that because of their build problems I am left with a non matching wheel and center!! Ironically, both ther clios (dynamiques) that we have - both their steering wheels have melted - Funny isn't it 3 out 3 steering wheels fkd - Smashing build quality.

sw1

Clio 172
Mines also come off and looks silly, does anyone know how much it is for a replacement steering wheel? I'm out of warranty.

P.s. great forum

artic blue 182
sw1 said:
Mines also come off and looks silly, does anyone know how much it is for a replacement steering wheel? I'm out of warranty.

P.s. great forum

iirc from another post about £250 ish:eek:

BMW 330D
ive got 2 steering wheels for sale. One with a silver insert and one with a blue insert. PM me if ur interested.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I haven't personally got this problem (YET), but have decided to try and protect my wheel as best as I can. I went a bought a sun screen which goes right across the windscreen, this stops my steering wheel , and the inside of my car from getting boiling hot. It does still get 'warm' but not 'hot', so I am hoping this will save my wheel. Said sunscreen cost me only £6.99, loads cheaper than replacing my wheel. Give it a go, might help. ;)