ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked My Cat!

FF 182, v6 wheels
My Exhaust has been making a strange noise, so i took it down to quickfit, and they got it up on the ramp and have noticed a crack in the cat, where it joins the exhaust. its only small, so can it be welded up?

as quick fit says its going to be £300 for a new one, and renault want to look at it before they can do anything under the warranty.

its a 54 plate 182

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
0060292636.jpg

FF 182, v6 wheels
the car has only done 14,000 miles, and renault have said, they can only replace it if it is a manufacturer fault!

the car has only done 14,000 miles, and renault have said, they can only replace it if it is a manufacturer fault!

Under the sale of good act (EU law) products sold have to be fit for purpose so if the dealerships are refusing then under the sale of good act contact Renault Uk and explain your dealership admits there is a problem but unwilling to deal with Renault warently as there a bunch of lazy people.

You can only expect Renault uk and the dealers to d wotk if its a faut what other tyre of failure is there you expect them to pay for if you have a crash cannot expect them to pay for that.

Rsport182Cup'd
HELLO i will try to find my thread talking about it, i had one replaced last week, exactly same fault, replaced no problem at all on warrenty, if you need owt give me a nudge
Regards

FF 182, v6 wheels
^^ fantastic, i will get onto them. it hasnt been in a crash or anything, it has just cracked somehow, so hopefully they should replace it for me,

Turbos.
Mine has cracked also, so i guess it's as good as the rest of the exhaust sytem...

I've driven with it for a good few months, my emissions light is on at last!